Extended Engine Cranking when starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just did it again with nearly a full tank. Warm start

View attachment 452089
Do you or anyone else have foam blocks that loosely sit on top of the fuel rails? Mine have them and I’m wondering if Ford uses them to insulate the rails from the heat from the supercharger?

I’ve been looking on the GT500 forums and they also have this issue and it sounds like most of them have been told if it starts it’s normal. To me it seems like vapor lock from the fuel getting too hot after you shut the truck down. But based on your post above I don’t think that heat is making its way in at the fuel pump if it’s happening with a full tank.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you or anyone else have foam blocks that loosely sit on top of the fuel rails? Mine have them and I’m wondering if Ford uses them to insulate the rails from the heat from the supercharger?

I’ve been looking on the GT500 forums and they also have this issue and it sounds like most of them have been told if it starts it’s normal. To me it seems like vapor lock from the fuel getting too hot after you shut the truck down. But based on your post above I don’t think that heat is making its way in at the fuel pump if it’s happening with a full tank.
I'm afraid to look under my hood again, I might notice something else missing...