GEN 2 Gut Check. Trade in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daxton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, I know, I am opening up to Opinions here but I am asking for it.

I have an ‘18 bought in May with 6500 miles on it.
MSRP= $72,640.
I have a thread with my documented Transmission issue on the forum. Transmission was replaced through warranty with a new one after 47 days at dealer. Truck seems fine now but the back of my mind is telling me be careful on every shift/acceleration.

The dealer has a ‘19 coming in exactly the way I would spec it:
MSRP= 75,850

I have worked on dealer over 3 weeks and have the net difference out the door of $8,000.
I need to take fogs off and tonneau. I will not let them do this work.

Your opinion - is it worth it to trade? Why?

Thanks for you rational thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What really makes you think the 19s will be any more sorted out than the 18s. With new electronic suspension and a gaggle of other add-ons - I'd stay with what you have - $8k could buy some really great mods for your 18.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better then yes $5000 plus the difference in MSRP to upgrade a 2019 model year with the new suspension and 0 miles is not a bad deal at all. Keep in mind the tranny is the same and has the same possible issues as the new tranny you just had put in, but when you have a major issue and get soured on a vehicle it’s hard to shake! I would pull the trigger personally.

cliff2084

Reaction score
I would go for it. Your truck is a year older and with a new tranny will be hard to sell. The new suspension on the 2019 could prove amazing. It sucks driving a vehicle that you do not trust.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would go for it. Your truck is a year older and with a new tranny will be hard to sell. The new suspension on the 2019 could prove amazing. It sucks driving a vehicle that you do not trust.

I would second your opinion. If the suspension starts having issues that can easily be replaced with an aftermarket.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll get over the insecurities, won't be long before you completely forget about it. I had my PCM go out on my with the car being merely a month old. It stayed at the dealership waiting for the part for longer than I had it in my possession at the time. When I got it back, I too felt uneasy each time I'd start the car, but after a couple weeks I don't even think about it.

If you want a 2019 and don't mine the out of pocket expense and the time involved in transferring your accessories, then go for it. If you're simply wondering if you should do it because you're a little insecure, I'd say sit tight, and you'll soon forget it ever happened.

Trackar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would personally hold out till someone on the forum gets a 2019 to see what the suspension is like if possible. The biggest benefit IMO is that it talks to the ecu and will change when you switch driving modes aswell. Should make a big difference if it’s anything like what they use on side by sides.
Edit: and if you keep the 2018, it’s still under warranty so beat on it as you wish. If it goes out again you’re still covered.