Raptor trade in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Should I trade in my paid off 2018 raptor with 110,000 miles on it for a 2020 raptor with 30,000 miles on it and take on payments? Or should I just keep the 2018?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you had the '18 since you got it and took care of it, not sure if goin to the newer used one is the better choice, unless it has somethin missing you want bad. Live valve and measurements are nice, but main reason i swapped from '18 to '20 was that one had no moonroof and my '18 was giving me troubles with a few things. IMO i liked how my '18 did around the street better than the '20 does, lil softer.

3Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are putting on a lot of miles, over 20k miles per year.

At the end of the next 4 years, the 2020 with 30k miles will then have 110k miles. And you would also be $24k lighter in the wallet.

As the saying goes, never finance a depreciating asset. In your case, you are depreciating them faster than most, racking up that many miles.

I would keep driving the 2018 to 200k miles and reassess your situation then.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
you’d be better off with a beater, peasant car to absorb the high mileage and promote the Raptor to recreational use.

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
No issues on the truck it's fully loaded and so is the trade in. I had the cam phasers replaced once, and then the camshaft position sensor recently. I appreciate everyone's input, I think I'm gonna buy a beater in cash and use this one recreationally like smurfslayer said.