Dealer says my 2018 Raptor is only worth $25k on trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree. I've bought many high mileage vehicles ever since I've moved to a rural area. The last new car I bought had 107K miles ....
From the standpoint of someone who can maintain a vehicle, that's all true, but from a trade in value standpoint- it's still a shitload of miles.

Basically, people in general don't fix, let alone maintain anything anymore- and therefore the general public is scared of 100K+ miles vehicles.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if the “rebuild” aspect of our shocks is known outside the community. Id recon 80% of raptor owners don’t even know you’re supposed to do that. A buddy of mine has a 2017 with 100K and has never had the shocks rebuilt, didn’t even really know that was a thing.
My 2020 has 60k miles, been on 3 x 1500 mile road trips w/ twin jet ski trailer, 2 kids, 2 Dobermans, 1 wife, & 500 lbs of gear, drive to and from work & do the occasional off-road F around, my shocks honestly feel good still, better than the 2018 non-live valve truck I had until 45k miles when it got totaled by a distracted driver