GooseTuned Gen 3 - Baseline Dyno Runs vs Gen 2 Baseline!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cobb is good, But they are the slowest in getting newer tunes Out!!

After reading that Cobb put all flex fuel and other non-supported parts on a deep discount before announcing all of the things that can't no longer be done with the accessport/accesstuner I can't see myself supporting them anymore.

@GooseTuned how are you going to create a custom tune? How can the boost or any parameters be changed without the ability to change what triggers a DTC?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After reading that Cobb put all flex fuel and other non-supported parts on a deep discount before announcing all of the things that can't no longer be done with the accessport/accesstuner I can't see myself supporting them anymore.

@GooseTuned how are you going to create a custom tune? How can the boost or any parameters be changed without the ability to change what triggers a DTC?
For the Gen 2 Goose will be able to continue to use Accesstuner Race to write custom tunes, just as he has been. The only difference with the recent Cobb changes is that we won’t be able to disable the cel/dtc from a cat delete. Run stock downpipes or catted downpipes and it should be business as usual.

The Gen 3 should be the same once Cobb releases its Gen 3 support.

The Subaru community was hit especially hard because most of the modded setups use cat deletes, ewg’s, egr deletes, etc. etc.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
For the Gen 2 Goose will be able to continue to use Accesstuner Race to write custom tunes, just as he has been. The only difference with the recent Cobb changes is that we won’t be able to disable the cel/dtc from a cat delete. Run stock downpipes or catted downpipes and it should be business as usual.

The Subaru community was hit especially hard because most of the modded setups use cat deletes, ewg’s, egr deletes, etc. etc.

Well good thing I don't have my deleted superduty anymore then.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well good thing I don't have my deleted superduty anymore then.
Seriously! The EPA first targeted this attack on the deleted diesel crowd, then moved on to the Mustang crowd and Subaru. Meanwhile industrial emissions and power plant emissions are left unabated. But I digress.

The reason Cobb dropped all flex fuel support for Subaru is because the only way to get flex to work on a Subaru is to take over the ecu port for the egr system, thus “tampering with an emissions control device.” E85 is otherwise not an issue.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The ecoboost is fairly complex from what I've seen. EPA compliance doesn't bother me; I am wondering how any independent tuner is going to be able to tune with some features disabled...Yes the OTS maps will be CARB compliant but what about custom tunes?

I think it's poor business practice to liquidate inventory knowing that it wouldn't be supported in a few months.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ecoboost is fairly complex from what I've seen. EPA compliance doesn't bother me; I am wondering how any independent tuner is going to be able to tune with some features disabled...Yes the OTS maps will be CARB compliant but what about custom tunes?

I think it's poor business practice to liquidate inventory knowing that it wouldn't be supported in a few months.
What features are disabled? There’s nothing that’s been disabled that prevents any pro tuner from dialing in a map, you just can’t disable cel’s to delete emissions equipment anymore.

I understand why people are bothered how Cobb went about it with no warning, but they basically had a gun to their head. Either comply or go out of business.