Godzilla 7.3 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t suppose agree to disagree is within the realm of possibility here?
He needs this forum more than he is needed here. Look at his post history with an open mind..

If this was a swapping a 3.5L into a gen1 thread, maybe some would make a post or two telling the op they are drunk..too much work, not worth it.. I've never seen a post anywhere like that..about putting a 3.5L in, i mean...

just shut it and live with your block of cheese... you can't do anything about it. It's the best cheese there is... why do you want different cheese??

He's a paid shill... consistently calling out people with bigger ideas, crazy, idealistic, insane, whether they come to fruition or not, they are open ideas.

by all means lock the thread.. we are wasting our time here talking about this swap with fto consistently pooping in here.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
why do you constantly call people out?
Try reading…he mentioned me in his post. I simply responded.
its been shown time and time again, the engine is great, there's a huge aftermarket support, even from the manufacturer... why do you keep popping up in here calling people out on their thoughts and opinions on this swap.. we are all very sorry that you dont think its a good fit for a heavy, but yet still fast performance truck, probably carrying a bunch of equipment, supplies and people all around the desert, mountains and dunes... but why would you think anything about these things, when all you do is commute with your ecoboost raptor that fits your needs just fine..
You want as little weight as possible in a Baja truck. The less the truck weighs, the more “equipment and supplies” can be carried around the “desert, mountains, and dunes”. You’re also not going to be going very fast off-road when you have 1000lbs hanging over the front axle.

“Thoughts and opinions” are irrelevant if they conflict with the facts, but you don’t seem to understand that.
we get it man.. hd truck engine.. a very simple one.. old school.. lots of torque, lots of HP, super reliable.. now beat it..

but tell me again i dont know anything about diddly squat...
We’ll refer to my earlier post regarding your comments on the Gen 3 SCAB; that says a lot.

You continue to reference this “Megazilla”, yet where is it available? Is it even on the Ford Performance website?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try reading…he mentioned me in his post. I simply responded.

You want as little weight as possible in a Baja truck. The less the truck weighs, the more “equipment and supplies” can be carried around the “desert, mountains, and dunes”. You’re also not going to be going very fast off-road when you have 1000lbs hanging over the front axle.

“Thoughts and opinions” are irrelevant if they conflict with the facts, but you don’t seem to understand that.

We’ll refer to my earlier post regarding your comments on the Gen 3 SCAB; that says a lot.

You continue to reference this “Megazilla”, yet where is it available? Is it even on the Ford Performance website?
thanks for cementing in poop what "many" were thinking..

Last edited:

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the old adage goes, there's no replacement for displacement. These little motors can produce some impressive numbers, but they must work so much harder. I dont see longevity in something that has to kick and scream all the time to get the job done. The big motors do it while screaming, harder daddy! ! Every truck I've ever driven has been the biggest power plant offered by the manufacturer. I've never had an issue with them as long as I keep up with scheduled maintenance.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As the old adage goes, there's no replacement for displacement. These little motors can produce some impressive numbers, but they must work so much harder. I dont see longevity in something that has to kick and scream all the time to get the job done. The big motors do it while screaming, harder daddy! ! Every truck I've ever driven has been the biggest power plant offered by the manufacturer. I've never had an issue with them as long as I keep up with scheduled maintenance.
Well at least we all now know that in addition to knowing absolutely nothing about these engines or engine performance in general, you have also never driven one. That explains a lot of your assumptions and ignorance.

For those of us that own these trucks, the driveability and powerband are the exact opposite of the nonsense you’re claiming. They have significantly more torque at lower RPM than your old “screamin” cast iron lump. So if anything, your old 2V is “working harder”.

Regardless, the topic is 7.3 swaps. I asked downforce where this supposed Megazilla can be obtained, and all he’s come back with is comments about “cementing poop”. Interesting that the person who has stated they’re already doing the “swap” hasn’t come up with a source for said engine.

Last edited:

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeez guys, I don't feel like any of you are wrong it's just a whole lot of miscommunication and misplaced anger as far as I can tell, not once so far has FTO said the 7.3 is incapable of being built into a serious race engine, they just stated that it wasn't originally designed to be one, whether that's up for debate I have no idea but half of this thread is based in fantasy anyway as very few 7.3 swaps have been done in general.

If your power target is somewhere within the ranges you can hit with the 3.5 EB then it is a great option that is light and relatively compact, if your power target lies outside of what the 3.5 EB can produce, then you swap to something that can and if that is the 7.3, a 5.0 or whatever hits your number and fits in your application then do it, be the first, and tell the rest of us about the experience.

If you are looking at it from the rule of cool hot rod mentality and want to do something just because it's cool and you want to, you don't need the validation to do it anyway since that's going to be up to taste, but if you have a specific application you're trying to target and want informed opinions on what will fit your needs then you should be coming into this with power/weight/size/induction/compatibility etc constraints and finding experts that can help guide you to what will fit best.

It's possible to have a discussion that can lead to productive and thought provoking ideas that doesn't devolve into arguing and straw man arguments.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well at least we all now know that in addition to knowing absolutely nothing about these engines or engine performance in general, you have also never driven one. That explains a lot of your assumptions and ignorance.

For those of us that own these trucks, the driveability and powerband are the exact opposite of the nonsense you’re claiming. They have significantly more torque at lower RPM than your old “screamin” cast iron lump. So if anything, your old 2V is “working harder”.

Regardless, the topic is 7.3 swaps. I asked downforce where this supposed Megazilla can be obtained, and all he’s come back with is comments about “cementing poop”. Interesting that the person who has stated they’re already doing the “swap” hasn’t come up with a source for said engine.

says second quarter 2023 smart guy, i'd have to assume its still on the way.. once again calling people ignorant that you have no clue who or what they have driven.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

says second quarter 2023 smart guy, i'd have to assume its still on the way.. once again calling people ignorant that you have no clue who or what they have driven.
2nd Quarter 2023 has come and gone guy. We’ve been seeing the same articles since last December.

The fact that your video claims there will be a 7.3 GT500 just shows how out of touch people are with reality. If you’re getting your ideas and info from those videos, that would explain a lot. The last time the GT500 had a cast iron engine was 2010, and they were nose heavy pigs. Ford is not going to replace a high performance hand built 760HP 5.2 S/C V8 with 145HP less 600lb cast iron truck engine from a Super Duty that gets half the fuel economy. It makes zero sense on any level.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah.. you're right again buddy. I didn't make the video and i also linked the wrong one..I'm so dumb and ignorant. The car in the video is a GT350 FP test mule. I thought you would have known that already since you are so smart..

I'm sorry that you have no imagination and can't wrap your little brain around making any changes to your truck. Daddy ford delivered a perfect one to you.. why are you still in this thread with no intention of going this route? Oh yeah to call people names...

20 days into the 3rd quarter.. I'm sure every deadline daddy ford ever listed they have hit.. smh

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah.. you're right again buddy. I didn't make the video and i also linked the wrong one..I'm so dumb and ignorant. The car in the video is a GT350 FP test mule. I thought you would have known that already since you are so smart..

So I “should have known” you posted the wrong video and you meant to post this one. Which is just a standard 7.3L crate engine rigged into a GT350 mule they had laying around, as stated in the video. It’s not a “Megazilla” as you keep referring to. But I’m sure you watched the video before posting, just like the last one :rolleyes:
I'm sorry that you have no imagination and can't wrap your little brain around making any changes to your truck. Daddy ford delivered a perfect one to you.. why are you still in this thread with no intention of going this route? Oh yeah to call people names...

20 days into the 3rd quarter.. I'm sure every deadline daddy ford ever listed they have hit.. smh
You constantly accuse others of throwing insults yet that’s all you’ve been doing throughout this thread. You keep posting inaccurate information and baseless claims and then try and play it off as if everyone else is stupid and should have read your mind of what you “meant” to post.

As far as “Daddy Ford”, what are you even talking about? It sounds like this thread has driven you to hit the bottle…:insane:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter