Godzilla 7.3 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a much better experience here now that I have FTO on ignore. He may be good for some things in the Gen 2 and 3 sections, but he needs to stay away from the Gen 1 discussions. The more Gen 1 owners that have him on ignore, the much better and more informative the Gen 1 discussions will be. This thread has about 1/3rd of it of him showing up for me as ignored content.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This discussion reminded me why I have FTO on ignore. He's simply a troll that needs to be banned. He brings nothing to the table in technical discussions, derails discussions, flat out lies, and drives away new members.
So you have me on ignore, but you still feel the need to make a post regarding the replies that you claim you’re ignoring?

What I post is based on information straight from the manufacturer. The fact that you don’t like the reality of it doesn’t change that, it just shows ignorant you are. It’s a common trend for people who can’t accept facts to become extremely defensive when said facts go against their opinion.

Show me where I “flat out lied” about anything. Between you, downforce, and Eric m, you’re the 3 stooges. It’s a comedy show seeing the 3 of you blatantly deny the facts right in front of them because it doesn’t fit your agenda.
People like FTO would be better off if he realized that sometimes, people do what they want with their money and what works best for them. Now if FTO paid for my engine swap, themmaybe I'll listen to his opinion on the matter.
Nobody said you can’t do whatever you want with your money. I’m simply stating the background of this engine and its intended purpose, so people who are interested in the topic have all of the information available instead of a bunch of opinions from people who have no experience with this engine. Arguing against facts doesn’t change them, it just makes you look ridiculous.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a much better experience here now that I have FTO on ignore. He may be good for some things in the Gen 2 and 3 sections, but he needs to stay away from the Gen 1 discussions. The more Gen 1 owners that have him on ignore, the much better and more informative the Gen 1 discussions will be. This thread has about 1/3rd of it of him showing up for me as ignored content.
200.gif

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So say someone does buy a crate 7.3. How do you prime to oil for the first fire up? I saw on one video that on for another ford engine, maybe coyote, that they removed the oil pressure sensor, made up a pressure tank with the correct fitting, and primed the oil system that way. I assume you would do something similar?
I think I heard in that video that ford’s direction was to pulll the spark plugs and crank it for 10 seconds on some interval for a bit and that was considered safe.
Thoughts?
So anyway, back on topic. The 7.3 uses an offset oil pump driven by a chain from the crank. The oil pump is housed within a ladder frame assembly with shaft drive from the front of the engine to the the pump located at the back. To prime the pump, the engine is turned upside down and 2 tablespoons of oil are added to it while rotating the pump by hand.

The oil pumps should be primed from the factory, but no telling if prime can be lost if the engine sits for an extended period between assembly and delivery. With the cost of any crate engine I think it would be best played safe using the pressure prime method before starting.

Last edited:

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you have me on ignore, but you still feel the need to make a post regarding the replies that you claim you’re ignoring?

What I post is based on information straight from the manufacturer. The fact that you don’t like the reality of it doesn’t change that, it just shows ignorant you are. It’s a common trend for people who can’t accept facts to become extremely defensive when said facts go against their opinion.

Show me where I “flat out lied” about anything. Between you, downforce, and Eric m, you’re the 3 stooges. It’s a comedy show seeing the 3 of you blatantly deny the facts right in front of them because it doesn’t fit your agenda.

Nobody said you can’t do whatever you want with your money. I’m simply stating the background of this engine and its intended purpose, so people who are interested in the topic have all of the information available instead of a bunch of opinions from people who have no experience with this engine. Arguing against facts doesn’t change them, it just makes you look ridiculous.
Says you. No one cares on this topic

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score

why do you constantly call people out? its been shown time and time again, the engine is great, there's a huge aftermarket support, even from the manufacturer... why do you keep popping up in here calling people out on their thoughts and opinions on this swap.. we are all very sorry that you dont think its a good fit for a heavy, but yet still fast performance truck, probably carrying a bunch of equipment, supplies and people all around the desert, mountains and dunes... but why would you think anything about these things, when all you do is commute with your ecoboost raptor that fits your needs just fine..

we get it man.. hd truck engine.. a very simple one.. old school.. lots of torque, lots of HP, super reliable.. now beat it..

but tell me again i dont know anything about diddly squat...