Godzilla 7.3 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s almost like you have no idea what you’re talking about, which is par for the course with your posts on here. Your little theory doesn’t add up considering I own a Gen 2.

You’re nothing more than a worthless Gen 1 fanboy and a troll; you contribute nothing to this forum except for stirring the pot because you’re insecure and feel threatened by the newer trucks that outperform yours in every aspect. You constantly interject snide comments and talk trash on the newer trucks to make yourself feel better about your slow old rust bucket. Get a life.

Being an insuilting ***** as usual. Par for your course.

Again, nobody cares what you think. Your opinions means less than zero.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you swapping it into?
2010 Raptor once the 6.2 dies. I want a better trans as well so i'm going to do the entire drivetrain.

I recently finished a GenV L86 8 speed swap into my 95 Bronco and it was pretty painful, mainly around trans tuning.
And yeah i know, lots of grief from swapping out a perfectly good 351W for a chevy but the Coyote was too wide and no one was doing 7.3 swaps when i started the project.

Once i finished my mid travel setup and do some trips this winter i'll get a motor pallet from Mars and start.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2010 Raptor once the 6.2 dies. I want a better trans as well so i'm going to do the entire drivetrain.

I recently finished a GenV L86 8 speed swap into my 95 Bronco and it was pretty painful, mainly around trans tuning.
And yeah i know, lots of grief from swapping out a perfectly good 351W for a chevy but the Coyote was too wide and no one was doing 7.3 swaps when i started the project.

Once i finished my mid travel setup and do some trips this winter i'll get a motor pallet from Mars and start.

i watched a few of this guys videos about putting 7.3L in some broncos.. doing really nice work if you decide to do it again..

@WellSortedAutomotive

OP
OP
Canuck714

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Soooooo glad I was on Vacay for a couple weeks while the 3.5-7.3 debate raged on..lol
Like I mentioned in my original post, the 7.3 swap into a Gen 1 makes a lot of sense to me.

I spent some time discussing this engine's design with Brian Wolfe.
For those that don't know that name, Brian is the retired Director of Ford Racing, so when it comes to what this engine was designed for I trust what he says, more than anyone else on this forum. The dude is legit the grand father of Godzilla performance and and straight from FORD.. he is in the know.

Brian told me point blank that the engine was designed with performance in mind, then dumbed down to make it fit the truck application.
He said they knew exactly what they wanted to get out of it from the very start, and performance came before utility.
So don't believe the garbage that its the wrong engine for a performance application.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Soooooo glad I was on Vacay for a couple weeks while the 3.5-7.3 debate raged on..lol
Like I mentioned in my original post, the 7.3 swap into a Gen 1 makes a lot of sense to me.

I spent some time discussing this engine's design with Brian Wolfe.
For those that don't know that name, Brian is the retired Director of Ford Racing, so when it comes to what this engine was designed for I trust what he says, more than anyone else on this forum. The dude is legit the grand father of Godzilla performance and and straight from FORD.. he is in the know.

Brian told me point blank that the engine was designed with performance in mind, then dumbed down to make it fit the truck application.
He said they knew exactly what they wanted to get out of it from the very start, and performance came before utility.
So don't believe the garbage that its the wrong engine for a performance application.
Was just on his website today looking at heads, cam, etc.