Gen3 Raptor vs TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone getting mad about ADM just needs to chill out. The guy that pays $25,000 ADM on a high-demand new vehicle thinks about that $25K about as much as Joe Average thinks about a $5.00 Uber Eats delivery charge because he is too lazy to go out and pick up dinner much less cook it. The trucks will go for what the market will bear. The dealer is not a representative or employee of Stellantis/Ram. They are a business that owns a vehicle that a lot of people want. Who cares if they paid Stellantis $70,000 for the truck? I guess I should sell my house for 'invoice' (what I paid 13 years ago)? Everyone acts all sanctimonious when someone else is making money but the story changes when they control the high demand product. Personally, if I were a dealership, I would not be able to slap $50K markup on a TRX but to each their own.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
6c70139d35bdab909aa224d9417d4987.jpg
Stablemates. To those that were saying that the size discrepancy was camera angle ...it’s not. The TRX is a much bigger truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really appreciate pictures like this. The TRX Drivetrain (Hellcat Engine specifically) is so appealing because of its performance capabilities. The TRX is also a good looking truck (inside and out). I really want to love the TRX, but right now I feel like the Raptor is a slightly better vehicle because of QC issues I’ve seen pop up on the interweb. If Ram can really pull this truck off, Ford will have to up it’s came with the Raptor R.

I’d appreciate a thread of your own where you compare the two, and the pro’s and con’s of each truck.

maxemus

Reaction score
I really appreciate pictures like this. The TRX Drivetrain (Hellcat Engine specifically) is so appealing because of its performance capabilities. The TRX is also a good looking truck (inside and out). I really want to love the TRX, but right now I feel like the Raptor is a slightly better vehicle because of QC issues I’ve seen pop up on the interweb. If Ram can really pull this truck off, Ford will have to up it’s came with the Raptor R.

I’d appreciate a thread of your own where you compare the two, and the pro’s and con’s of each truck.
It will be on my YouTube channel hopefully a deep dive in a bout a month. The channel is called GT Dreamer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
Well played owning both; locally looks like $15k mark up with tax and all that about $120k OTD. I will want the 2022-23 Raptor R but at the $120k OTD I will be watching from the sideline. My mind has the budget set at $99k OTD and not a penny more. LOL Who knows a 40-45k mile Gen 1 isn’t sounding bad at these numbers. Who would of guessed both Gen 1 and Gen 2 Raptors qualify as investment grade vehicles.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

you CAN mod the TRX for even more power.....course....it’s still a Ram, I have a sneaking suspicion while it may be fairly easy to eek more power out of it, you’ll wind up grenading Everything else attached to it- tranny/TC/diffs/axles/bearings etc. the truck weighs almost 7k lbs, probably more than that for a fully loaded up one (plus...for some reason dodges #s are typically BS when it comes to true weights & MPGs)

There’s a reason the TRX can’t be equipped w/ true 4wd/2wd as an option, & it sure as SH*T isn’t because the driveshaft/TC/Tranny is “super strong”.....

a gen 2 raptor w/ only a tune will be right behind a stock TRX, & feel more nimble, handle better, stop better etc on the street. Offroad apparently a stock gen2 is already more capable still than a TRX regardless of the power delta- looks like the TRX “outruns its suspension” nearly immediately in real world offroad use just in stock trim. And keep in mind....that’s w/ the gen2 on rear leafs vs. the new coil over setup. The base gen 3 will probably eviscerate a TRX offroad given all that.

If that’s where it stands now w/ a gen2 vs TRX, I have NO DOUBT a slightly stronger gen3 “base” raptor will be nipping @ the heels of a stock TRX if not right w/ it & a tuned one very well could surpass it. If they give it the same turbos as the GT (very possibly- or just some slighter bigger units in general) + higher compression & keeps that forged crank, it may be a real gem of a drivetrain. For real world use

personally I have no inclination or use for a Raptor-R w/ a blown V8 unless they equip it w/ ******** 4” fox shocks or adjustables etc b/c all that extra power will be useless as **** on a bull offroad

Tuned gen2s run 12.6-13 flat in the 1/4, 4.2-4.7 0-60, and are already faster in real offroad use both stock & tuned than a TRX

I’m sure the gen3 base is gonna be a real sweet spot in terms of true off-road capabilities + fun/fast driving on street while getting better mileage & having fewer problems.

but hey....TRX got a hemi, & it sounds good, so there’s that.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to be an overly broken record and say...this is a raptor forum can we please stop stroking the trx?

let’s post pics of raptors @TheButcher flood this thread with pics of gen2 on 40s!!!! That’s what we are here for!!!

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I want to be an overly broken record and say...this is a raptor forum can we please stop stroking the trx?

let’s post pics of raptors @TheButcher flood this thread with pics of gen2 on 40s!!!! That’s what we are here for!!!
Just got it out of the paint shop, and it looks awesome! Good pics coming soon...