Gen3 Raptor vs TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FCA/Stellinas QC guidelines are as follows:

Once assembled, if it rolls off the assembly line in one piece, QC is complete. If a wheel falls off, review. :biggrin:

One of the reports has been that coil wires were installed in the wrong order. I don't know for certain but, usually, engines/trans combos aren't even built at the same place as the trucks themselves. So that means they have QC problems at multiple locations.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I’ve always stood by the rule that you never buy a first year model of anything, but some of the QC things we are seeing go way past first year model issues. Look, I’m a Mopar guy at heart, and I really enjoyed the 10,000 miles I put on my Challenger Hellcat before I sold it, but this TRX makes a guy nervous.

Honestly, in 2024 I fully plan on exploring the TRX (if it’s still made), but I’m also going to see what Ford does with the Raptor (Supercharged V8 and 37’s makes a guy smile).

I really want to see Ram succeed with the TRX. Success breeds competition across all makers, which means the consumer wins.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve always stood by the rule that you never buy a first year model of anything, but some of the QC things we are seeing go way past first year model issues..

That's the thing, some of this stuff is just scary stupid! nothing to do with first-year jitters, it's almost sabotage it's so blatant.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's the thing, some of this stuff is just scary stupid! nothing to do with first-year jitters, it's almost sabotage it's so blatant.

Now we saw the pic of the TRX that fell off the transport on the assembly line. There is just something wrong with the people and or the automation on this line. New line and not properly trained? Covid taking a toll and too many fill ins helping out?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Now we saw the pic of the TRX that fell off the transport on the assembly line. There is just something wrong with the people and or the automation on this line. New line and not properly trained? Covid taking a toll and too many fill ins helping out?

I remember that pic. All i could think was that someone was watching the assembly line and yelled, "it's too wide to fit, shut down the line, it's gonna hair lip the machinery!" and the boss yelled "Send it!" :)

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My understanding is that customers could preorder the Bronco and then specify what dealer they wanted to buy from. A different process from going to the dealer directly and ordering through them. As a result, some dealership tried to game the system by getting employees and relatives/friends to put in preorders with no intention of actually owning the vehicles, but just to get inventory at the dealership faster. Obviously, this is not what Ford intended since it puts priority of dealer inventory over actual customers, and would only get worse of other dealers followed this plan.

I have no idea how orders for the GT500 went.
That's essentially what is happening with the TRX. Not sure how Ford could stop that from happening either. They would have no idea if it was a Ford employee signing up, or just a person with the same name as a Ford employee. I don't know that employees of dealerships are even classified as Ford employees since most dealerships are not actually owned by Ford.

I'll be curious to see the first Bronco hit the market in town and who has it for sale.

KAJRIP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stopped by to service wife’s car at Chrysler dealership and saw TRX with $50k markup - not kidding

View attachment 162623

If you are going to ask for a $50k markup the least you can do is put it on a professional looking window sticker.

Not that it helps justify the $50k but c’mon man, take a little pride in what you do.

Must be the same guy that’s in charge of quality control. Lol.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to ask for a $50k markup the least you can do is put it on a professional looking window sticker.

Not that it helps justify the $50k but c’mon man, take a little pride in what you do.

Haha I was gonna say this is on par for Ram. Even their window stickers are half assed just like their build quality lol

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Exactly! But that’s astronomical 50% markup.