Gen3 Raptor vs TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lupa

Reaction score
Saw a TRX on the road yesterday for the first time and I really tried to look at it subjectively not as a purpose built truck to compete directly with the raptor. From a pure power and speed standpoint there's no denying it is impressive. However, in my opinion, it's just not a very nice looking truck. I believe Dodge missed an opportunity to build something truly special and instead just looked at a raptor and just exaggerated everything. It looks counterfeit, kind of like a tribute band, the tribute band might play faster or even sound better, but there's no mistaking the genuine article.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree the Raptor is a better looking truck than the TRX, at least from the front. I think the TRX looks pretty good, but should have been changed a bit more to differentiate it from the Rebel. Particularly in terms of the headlights and front grille. When you see a TRX, you can tell that it's a TRX, but more than a few times I've seen a Rebel from far away and had to look for a bit to determine it was NOT a TRX. The Raptor (Gen 2) is something you can immediately differentiate from an F150 (or any other truck for that matter) at a distance. At least it was until they showed the Gen3 front end....

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I want to be an overly broken record and say...this is a raptor forum can we please stop stroking the trx?

let’s post pics of raptors @TheButcher flood this thread with pics of gen2 on 40s!!!! That’s what we are here for!!!

We need pics!
Not the best pics since it was middle of the day, and in a parking lot, but it shows some of the Pearl variation. It's much more noticeable in person, and looks awesome in early morning or late afternoon light.IMG_2783.JPGIMG_2784.JPGIMG_2785.JPGIMG_2787.JPG

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice looking truck. The front end isn't my style (it screams "pew pew" from the tiny little eyes poking out) but it's all about what you like! Great truck!

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Very nice looking truck. The front end isn't my style (it screams "pew pew" from the tiny little eyes poking out) but it's all about what you like! Great truck!
Haha thanks. Not sure what "pew pew' means, but I'll take the overall compliment!