Gen3 Raptor vs TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha I was gonna say this is on par for Ram. Even their window stickers are half assed just like their build quality lol

I assumed that the dealer has actually removed the window sticker from the factory as that would only cause naïve customers to realize that the $50k markup isn't coming from the factory

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assumed that the dealer has actually removed the window sticker from the factory as that would only cause naïve customers to realize that the $50k markup isn't coming from the factory

Nobody buys a specialty vehicle on impulse. All the homemade sticker says is "I think you're stupid". Of course, the $50k ADM already says that ...

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nobody buys a specialty vehicle on impulse. All the homemade sticker says is "I think you're stupid". Of course, the $50k ADM already says that ...

I have no doubt that the stupidly rich buy specialty vehicles without much thought on the regular. Heck, the $50k markup tells them that the peasants can't afford it, which only raises the appeal. Sure, there are going to be plenty that are only insulted by this, but you only need one to buy it.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not one to pay ADMs, but I think it helps to keep in mind that the TRX can be optioned to mid-$90K range. That's not your "average" kind of pick up buyer for the most part. I agree $50K ADM is ridiculous, but honestly California dealers are getting that for G Wagons, so I'm not surprised some Ram dealers are trying to get extremely high ADMs on their rare specialty cars. As many have cautioned before, dealers with crazy ADMs will sit on those vehicles for months and months to the point where they aren't bringing any ADM, and then the dealership loses out on any mark up. That is their folly. An alternative could be that a customer ordered that truck, thought it was cool, but told the dealer if they can resell it for them at very high mark up they will cut the dealer in on the profit. If it's a launch edition they are bringing $25K over sticker. Maybe the dealer thought they could get $25K for themselves as well.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Of course, just amusing that's all. I've seen other posts where dealers are taking the time to write 50k ADM on their window stickers.

Not these guys though lol.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not one to pay ADMs, but I think it helps to keep in mind that the TRX can be optioned to mid-$90K range. That's not your "average" kind of pick up buyer for the most part. I agree $50K ADM is ridiculous, but honestly California dealers are getting that for G Wagons, so I'm not surprised some Ram dealers are trying to get extremely high ADMs on their rare specialty cars. As many have cautioned before, dealers with crazy ADMs will sit on those vehicles for months and months to the point where they aren't bringing any ADM, and then the dealership loses out on any mark up. That is their folly. An alternative could be that a customer ordered that truck, thought it was cool, but told the dealer if they can resell it for them at very high mark up they will cut the dealer in on the profit. If it's a launch edition they are bringing $25K over sticker. Maybe the dealer thought they could get $25K for themselves as well.
I agree with what you said , I also funny serious humor in comparing a G63 AMG markup to a Ram hahahahaha..... Not laughing at you OP but at the fact that dealers really think the two vehicles are even comparable to warrant the same type of markup

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both trucks look pretty cool especially in the snow. Can’t wait till ordering opens.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
6c70139d35bdab909aa224d9417d4987.jpg
Stablemates. To those that were saying that the size discrepancy was camera angle ...it’s not. The TRX is a much bigger truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oddly enough, in that pic the Raptor looks wider and lower. I don't disagree with you though, the TRX feels wider than a stock Raptor.