First time Raptor Owner - Gen3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kalel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a ‘23 Raptor today. First time raptor owner. First time truck owner. Coming from a Grand Cherokee.

Have been loving trucks for a couple years. I live in the city and always thought how impractical it would be - I said F*** it.

Test drove an X5M Competition. X6M Competition. New Grand Cherokee. Amazing cars for sure. Then started to like the TRX - drove it and felt like it wasn’t great. Didn’t love the visibility over the dash, gas mileage was horrendous. But then decided to go to the ford dealer last week. Dealer was awesome, let me take the raptor home for a couple days to see if it was for me.

Well the rest is history and I fell in love with it. I’m sure maneuvering it around the city (most of my driving) might get kind of old but I think the drive and feel makes up for it.

Looking to get it tinted next and would love any words of wisdom or advice as a first time truck/raptor owner in the city.
Love it. I wanted the X5M. I have an M3 and wanted to stay in the BMW family. But I have dogs and we camp etc so The Raptor was perfect. Congratulations on the Gen 3!

blake6551

Reaction score
I have a 2023 X5M, just ordered a Raptor today. Looks like a bunch of us going the same direction :)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius
#BlackRaptorsMatter
#AntiMatterBlueIsNotBlackEnough

I would definitely look into aftermarket alarm, remote disable first. F series trucks are notoriously easy to break into so you may wan to think about hardening the entry to the truck.

You will laugh at inclement weather now.

GDK

Reaction score
Hope your Heated Steering Wheel is working up there...sure miss mine!
Look at Peragon Bed Covers ~ Not discussed much but really cool design and don't take up much room at all.

Louisiana Barefoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my Gen1 from a tooth doc who lived in Lubbock, TX. Must be the trend. Since I'm not a tooth doc, I could only afford my Gen1 from a Dallas car lot 3 years ago. Happy New Year.

OKflyswatter

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck! I'm not a huge tint fan, but if you do go darker get a set of extra reverse lights. It makes backing into a space at night much easier with the extra light when you are looking through some darker window tint.