GEN3 Buyback case has been opened.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know we haven’t seen eye to eye in this thread but I agree. If my dealer comes back and finds that my moss have caused me issues, that’s on me. It’s a modification from factory after all. Is it LIKELY it is causing my issues? I say no, BUT hey, it could and if so that’s on me.

What this dude is talking about is pretty ridiculous.
So you would 100% roll over on any issue the dealer claimed was your fault? Years ago, a dealer blamed my 33” Raptor takeoffs for causing transmission problems in my 2013 F150. I paid $2800 to have the “moulded leadframe” replaced and it fixed it.

Years later, I was randomly checking for a recall and found TSB that applied to my VIN/dates for the moulded leadframe…that I was blamed for. Unfortunately I had it done at a private shop and was denied reimbursement.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you would 100% roll over on any issue the dealer claimed was your fault? Years ago, a dealer blamed my 33” Raptor takeoffs for causing transmission problems in my 2013 F150. I paid $2800 to have the “moulded leadframe” replaced and it fixed it.

Years later, I was randomly checking for a recall and found TSB that applied to my VIN/dates for the moulded leadframe…that I was blamed for. Unfortunately I had it done at a private shop and was denied reimbursement.
Nope, not at all, I would ask them to prove that it was my mods that caused the issue, but I also am not going to try and argue something clearly egregious either.

My 2020 Ram was leveled with 22x12’s on with no suspension upgrades at all. If I went to the dealer with suspension issues and they said “it’s because your wheels and tires are not within the specified range of allowance for wheels and tires” I would ask them to prove it, and from there they would get out some technical manuals stating spec ranges for stock suspension and I wouldn’t argue it further, because clearly my items ARE the issue.

But if they can’t prove it, then I’m going to push back. The other guy seemed to be talking out of his ass with most of his stuff in his comment.