GEN3 Buyback case has been opened.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oldfart…….welcome to the 21st century. The dealers don’t give 2 shi$& about keeping customers happy. Their motto is if you don’t like the product or service there will be 10 people lined up to take your spot. Very few dealerships work to establish a relationship and depend on repeat, loyal customers. They run a business to make cash however possible. What realistic recourse do people have when warranty claims are denied? Who has the time and money to fight the dealers or FMC?

This is the same BS that occurs with medical insurance. They deny care and require the patients and practitioners to jump through hoops until everyone gives up.

I’ve had my truck in twice to address the issue of lack of SYNC updates. Purchased 2022 in Jan 2023. Has not received one over the air update. Called ford tech and they told me there were multiple faults (up to 24 in a day) regarding OTA updates for my truck. I was told to take it to the dealer. Dealer refuses to help. States my truck is up to date. I even had the ford tech team call the dealer to explain…got nowhere. I’m so sick of trying to explain to them how to do their job that I’ll just give up.
I've been in the 21st century for a while. If you read what I posted, I didn't mention Ford DEALERS one time in my posts. Dealer issues are a whole different can of worms.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These days, the only modifications I do are the ones that are legitimately bolt-on, or intended to be done, such as utilizing the upfitter switches, or using a bolt to hold something in place that was already there. I'm a super technical person by trade and hobbies, and I don't really want to even mess with this thing. Sure, I enabled glare-free headlights and a few things like that within FORScan which can immediately go back to stock if needed.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve had my truck in twice to address the issue of lack of SYNC updates. Purchased 2022 in Jan 2023. Has not received one over the air update. Called ford tech and they told me there were multiple faults (up to 24 in a day) regarding OTA updates for my truck. I was told to take it to the dealer. Dealer refuses to help. States my truck is up to date. I even had the ford tech team call the dealer to explain…got nowhere. I’m so sick of trying to explain to them how to do their job that I’ll just give up.
Ditch your dealer and try another.

willywilson

Reaction score
Modifying has put you in a bad position for sure. Good response above regarding that so I wont repeat. Most states have lemon laws that state 3 attempts to fix on single (same) issue.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In France, the more you modify your car, the more she loose value(even if it's expensive parts) , when you want to resale, most important is car is closer than she was when out of factory , all money you put in modif/tune is lost...
That's why when I do modification, it's minimum and always possible to go back origin condition ! It's not a problem for me I know since long time , more you modify, more issue you have... No one touch my Rap, even me :Big Laugh:
(it doesnt' mean I don't apreciate some crazy tune/preparation which some of you have done, but I know it's always complication...)

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left on page 10... dealer buy it back?

Op go to TRX?
Lol it’s at the dealer now and in their words I have an “electrical gremlin that likes to ruin software” so. We will see what that means. I don’t think I’ll have an issue with my aftermarket bumper since when I told them my safety and driver assistance features work flawlessly they said they couldn’t see how my gauge cluster shutting down or truck locking up would have anything to do with my safety and assistance feature. But hey, we shall see!