GEN3 Buyback case has been opened.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The screen for me goes blank while driving. First time it happened I was going 70 on the highway and it shut down.
That’s when my would go, as I was driving. Works fine now and it’s better on the mechanical stuff to let in warm and lube up before you take off.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s when my would go, as I was driving. Works fine now and it’s better on the mechanical stuff to let in warm and lube up before you take off.
Yeah I always get a good start up before I run it. Just start and mess around in my phone before getting everything ready to go.

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion to the OP. Work with the dealer and more importantly your Service Advisor who is trying to help fix the issues with the tech. Kindness goes a long way buy the SA some coffee or something. I did that with my SA and he was extremely helpful after I had a good connection with him. I would say your on thin ice for a buy back just make sure you go through the proper steps/rules to use the lemon law.

Best of Luck I hope you get your issues resolved so you can enjoy the truck again.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of things to consider in this;

1. Warranties and performance expectations are based on the manufacturer's stock configuration. That said, Every manufacturer makes a bad one sometimes.

2. The "Lemon Laws" in every state are different. What goes in Colorado is not the same as anywhere else.

3. It's the dealer's responsibility to diagnose the problem or problems and identify the failure cause. The dealer is expected to use his best judgement to make a fair and accurate decision. If the owner does not agree with the outcome he/she has the right to pursue legal recourse under the M/M warranty act.

4. When ever we modify a vehicle we possibly void a part or all of our warranty. However, not all mods affect warranties.

5. Sometimes things just go bad and there's nothing we can do about it.

My advice; take it to the dealer. You pay for your mistakes, Ford pays for theirs.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion to the OP. Work with the dealer and more importantly your Service Advisor who is trying to help fix the issues with the tech. Kindness goes a long way buy the SA some coffee or something. I did that with my SA and he was extremely helpful after I had a good connection with him. I would say your on thin ice for a buy back just make sure you go through the proper steps/rules to use the lemon law.

Best of Luck I hope you get your issues resolved so you can enjoy the truck again.
The techs know more than I do, so I do trust them, especially at the dealer I’m going to be taking it too. At the end of the day, the truck does work, but there is a larger issues going on that I feel may be a bit difficult to diagnose without seeing it happen.

Last edited: