Gen 4 500hp dark horse V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re having a hard time justifying the cost of a R. Buy a 23-24 35 then take the extra money you’d spend on the R and buy a gen Juan. Best of both worlds. MPG for DD and a gen Juan to raise V8 hell in. Part of the reason I can’t justify it, I could buy two Raptors for the price of a R.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 445172
View attachment 445173

It's been proven over and over that the 7.3L works in all types of applications.. stop being small minded and embrace that a proven pushrod V8 is the simplest way to big power and torque...
...(sigh)....and again. There is a difference between a RACE application motor and a TRUCK motor.
Again. Say after me.

I HAVE A 7.3 RACE / ROAD TUNED 7.3 IN A KIT CAR.
I DO NOT HAVE A 7.3 TRUCK ENGINE TUNED TO HAUL IN MY KIT CAR.

(And I do love that Cobra. Love the livery and the side pipes.) Share some pics of the inside when you can.

Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 445172
View attachment 445173

It's been proven over and over that the 7.3L works in all types of applications.. stop being small minded and embrace that a proven pushrod V8 is the simplest way to big power and torque...
A pushrod big block is VERY different than a 5.0 small block dohc 32 valve motor that’s built to rev to 7,500-8k. The Godzilla IMO can be built for a wide range of uses, albeit with bad mpg, but who cares.

This thread is about the Dark Horse 5.0 in the Raptor, which is dumb AF.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
View attachment 445172
View attachment 445173

...(sigh)....and again. There is a difference between a RACE application motor and a TRUCK motor.
Again. Say after me.

I HAVE A 7.3 RACE / ROAD TUNED 7.3 IN A KIT CAR.
I DO NOT HAVE A 7.3 TRUCK ENGINE TUNED TO HAUL IN MY KIT CAR.

(And I do love that Cobra. Love the livery and the side pipes.) Share some pics of the inside when you can.

Exactly. These 2 things can be true at the same time.

If the 7.3 had a decent aluminum block and shed a few score pounds, we’d be doing better. Can you tune it and make big #’s? Yes. But that’s not the iteration in Ford’s line up, is it?
Even if Ford does eventually decide to use it in a performance application, remember, it has to be emissions cert’d and QA’d to work in Gnome, Alaska to Death Valley and everywhere in between. So you won’t be getting tuner numbers out of it, you’ll be getting closer to ~525-ish... maybe more, maybe not.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford put a "ferrari" v10 in tons of vans and trucks. where used for industrial applications and even put it in a mustang
Zero commonality between a Triton V10 and a Ferrari.

You fail again, just like you failed at hiding your identity on here by creating yet another user name after your last 5 were banned.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A pushrod big block is VERY different than a 5.0 small block dohc 32 valve motor that’s built to rev to 7,500-8k. The Godzilla IMO can be built for a wide range of uses, albeit with bad mpg, but who cares.

This thread is about the Dark Horse 5.0 in the Raptor, which is dumb AF.
Yes I agree.. any 5.0 isn't a good fit for a raptor unless it's got a power adder..

never suggested that it was. I've always been a 7.3L advocate, and as I've said many times that if you're going thru the work to put a godzilla in a raptor there's a very low chance you're putting a stock super duty engine.. you'd at least change cam and valve springs. But we'll continue to roll eyes and facepalm.. live your life