gen 3 bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should hopefully have impressions soon. Ordered the RPG bump stop kit for mine.
I saw a picture of the Foutz bumps where it rubbed the tire at full flex with stock offsets. I’m curious if that’s the case with RPG as well. Only so much space back there. I guess that would more just be whether or not new rims are in the future for me.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here actually bottomed out the rear? I did at 70 mph, the gen 3 doesn’t feel any better at bottom out protection than the gen 2 did. I have RPG bumps installed now, but haven’t had a chance to test them out yet. Can’t wait to see how they perform! Just like my gen 2, the rear tends to hit the limit much sooner than the front.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here actually bottomed out the rear? I did at 70 mph, the gen 3 doesn’t feel any better at bottom out protection than the gen 2 did. I have RPG bumps installed now, but haven’t had a chance to test them out yet. Can’t wait to see how they perform! Just like my gen 2, the rear tends to hit the limit much sooner than the front.
Yeah I’ve been bottoming it pretty easy which has got me wondering about the RPG bumps. Mostly when on the gas through whoops and stuff. Hopefully they help you out. I’ve got some down time where I won’t be able to do fun truck stuff so just waiting to see how other people get along with them between now and then.

Chuckaroo91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you do me a huge favor? I'm about 90% complete on the install, but trying to figure out how to run the brake lines around the bump plate. Any chance you could send me or post some photos of how the brake line is running on your RPG kit?

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you do me a huge favor? I'm about 90% complete on the install, but trying to figure out how to run the brake lines around the bump plate. Any chance you could send me or post some photos of how the brake line is running on your RPG kit?
Here ya go, does this help at all? RPG did my install.

Attachments

• 5DC52243-6248-42D3-B79D-F44F9421DD07.jpeg
    5DC52243-6248-42D3-B79D-F44F9421DD07.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 73
  • 37F7501E-20CB-4228-BD06-B5BB0B73E9C6.jpeg
    37F7501E-20CB-4228-BD06-B5BB0B73E9C6.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 72

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to resurrect this thing. Rear bump stop height is 1” different between 37 and 35 trucks. Foutz and RPG kits are apparently designed around the 35’s axle position at full bottom. Camburg seems to have no clue which their’s is designed off of.

Why does this matter? Well if you put a bump stop kit designed around a 35 truck on a 37 you will be using your shock body as the hard stop at end of travel. If the camburg one is designed around a 37 truck, which who knows there, then you’d lose 1” of travel slapping it on a 35 truck. Losing an inch of travel wouldn’t be worth it for bump stops. That extra 1” of travel makes it 15% harder to bottom out due to spring force alone. Factor in damping and it’s an even larger difference. I would hope all kits get designed around 35 trucks because then if you have a 37 and feel inclined you can put a 1” spacer on top of the strike pad to match the shock travel.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going to resurrect this thing. Rear bump stop height is 1” different between 37 and 35 trucks. Foutz and RPG kits are apparently designed around the 35’s axle position at full bottom. Camburg seems to have no clue which their’s is designed off of.

Why does this matter? Well if you put a bump stop kit designed around a 35 truck on a 37 you will be using your shock body as the hard stop at end of travel. If the camburg one is designed around a 37 truck, which who knows there, then you’d lose 1” of travel slapping it on a 35 truck. Losing an inch of travel wouldn’t be worth it for bump stops. That extra 1” of travel makes it 15% harder to bottom out due to spring force alone. Factor in damping and it’s an even larger difference. I would hope all kits get designed around 35 trucks because then if you have a 37 and feel inclined you can put a 1” spacer on top of the strike pad to match the shock travel.
Couldn’t you also increase the gas pressure in the bump cans if you have a 37pp truck? I would think if you tuned it right that would be sufficient. 1” spacer would maybe be easier though to set up.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t you also increase the gas pressure in the bump cans if you have a 37pp truck? I would think if you tuned it right that would be sufficient. 1” spacer would maybe be easier though to set up.
It comes down to what surface you want to be bottoming out on. I don’t think the shock bodies are designed for the massive shock loads you get during a bottom out. Bumps on the other hand should be. So I would slap a 1” spacer in there.