Gen 3 Raptor Squatting + Overlanding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbalt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a t-slot bed rack (billiebars) on top of a retrax cover with a RTT. I do a fair share of offroading / camping trips. Almost every trip I would find the clamps for the bed cover had rattled loose. This was just mild offroading bumps, tame speeds for the most part. One spot where it was mounted on the bed cap had even slightly bent up. This was a pretty light setup too. Just a 100lb RTT on top of maybe 30-40lb bed rack bars. Later on I saw a few instances of ppl damaging their beds with racks down in Baja.

I ended up ditching the RTT and bed rack for a nice FSR quick setup ground tent. I think I'll eventually pickup a toyota or something to dedicate more as a trail/overland rig with the RTT and keep the Raptor for raptor and truck things.

With that being said, there is a company that makes a bed rack system that mounts into the factory bed cleats. https://www.pattonfab.com/product-p/raptorbedtentrack.htm This looks like a better option for the Raptor. It takes all of that vertical up and down load off the bed cap.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the Leitner Designs rack on three raptors. No issues on any of them. You do have to drill a few holes in the bed but that system is very solid.1132E0A5-5EE0-4CA6-BB0D-3779F90D184D.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter