Gen 3 Raptor Squatting + Overlanding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlsalehNaser

Reaction score
Greeting,

firs of all, I’m planning to fit 37s (when the time comes to replace the tires) on my 35 gen 3 but what Im finding it annoying is the gaps becomes less between the finder flyer and the tire ( it doesn't looks like the 37 from the Factory as a setup or hight).

secondly, I’m overloading on my bed and sometimes and my truck is squatting, and I’m thinking to solve those two issues by air bags (for the squatting) and springs for the 37s when they are installed to get a prefect hight and look.

will I lose the suspension capabilities when I’m off roading and hitting some whoops???

any recommendations for any other ideas?

I’m not sure if it clear how it is squatting But this is the only photo with my full gear in the bed.

3BE3AF86-5D47-477E-AC77-0D0EA2B77E4A.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlsalehNaser

AlsalehNaser

Reaction score
I wouldn't bag it at all, ever. Springs should do the trick. Does Deaver have springs for Gen Tres yet?
I thought that air bags are the best opinion for a limited time overweight on the bed and I what to use it off road and get the best of it specially with high speed.

Skmon

Reaction score
Put the bags on mind. Pull 6000lb tailer and 5500lb boat. 25lbs of air levels it out. When I am not towing I removed the valve stem. No effect on ride that way. instructions say min 5lbs air.
That 5lbs does effect ride. 30 minute install with basic tools. Gen 3 35, running 37 tires.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I thought that air bags are the best opinion for a limited time overweight on the bed and I what to use it off road and get the best of it specially with high speed.
Towing on paved roads is one thing. I would NOT have air bags for off-roading and especially NOT for whoops! You'll end up on YouTube as that guy.

OP
OP
AlsalehNaser

AlsalehNaser

Reaction score
Towing on paved roads is one thing. I would NOT have air bags for off-roading and especially NOT for whoops! You'll end up on YouTube as that guy.
I don’t think that I’m going to tow with my truck, its only going to be overlanding with minor off roading and when the season ends I’m going to remove the roof top tent and most of the weight on the bed at that time I will use it off roading with more speed.

so what I’m looking for is a thing that helps on both ways.

OP
OP
AlsalehNaser

AlsalehNaser

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

As stated, overlanding and high speed are 2 different builds. Overlanding moves too much weight too high up.
Thank you,

I agree, and what I’m trying to do is to get from those two builds as much as possible with minor modification, and both modifications helps both builds, or let me say it in another way high “speed overlanding” If it possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter