Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Gen 3-R or staying with your Gen 2??

Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Raptor-R, RAM T-REX or staying with your Gen 2??

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI I honestly think the TRX looks hideous. Maybe I'm in a minority but I look at it and it doesn't look like a capable off roader to me at all. Has brodozer written all over it
I think that by Ram coming out with the rebel first and then the trx it killed the styling. if they never made the rebel this would be an all new look. also i agree the thing is huge, i checked one out over the weekend.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, it doesn't make sense, they still offer a scab but not in a raptor, what gives??
I’m confused. First off....they don’t offer a scab cuz nobody buys em, if you really care so much about the body style, get a regular F150. Most people are drawn to the Raptor due to the offroad ability/performance, & then looks.

it’s extremely odd to me that something as benign as the size of the rear doors (particularly when you’re getting MORE space & utility not less lol) would be enough of a turnoff that someone would say “yeah, I was willing to drop $75k on a sick offroad performance truck, until I found out they only offered those weak-ass SCREW body styles- screw that man I’m getting a regular F150 so I can have my small rear doors/shorter cab”

huh?

so there are buyers who would pass up ALL the other obvious upgrades/performance attributes of the Raptor just cuz they want lil rear doors?

what in the actual F?!?!?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m confused. First off....they don’t offer a scab cuz nobody buys em, if you really care so much about the body style, get a regular F150. Most people are drawn to the Raptor due to the offroad ability/performance, & then looks.

it’s extremely odd to me that something as benign as the size of the rear doors (particularly when you’re getting MORE space & utility not less lol) would be enough of a turnoff that someone would say “yeah, I was willing to drop $75k on a sick offroad performance truck, until I found out they only offered those weak-ass SCREW body styles- screw that man I’m getting a regular F150 so I can have my small rear doors/shorter cab”

huh?

so there are buyers who would pass up ALL the other obvious upgrades/performance attributes of the Raptor just cuz they want lil rear doors?

Yeah I prefer my SCAB but wouldn’t hesitate to move into a Gen IV or V SCREW when the time comes if that’s all they offer. I’m not changing for a while. I drive less than 5k miles a year.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was considering selling my Gen 2 w/ 34k when I saw what the used market was bringing.
Would have went new SD Tremor cause I do some towing. 4-6 months to order and it seems as if 7.3 gas engine doesn’t match well with 10 spd transmission. No go for me on that for now.
In the end, looks like I’m putting on Deavers on the Gen 2 and driving it for a while longer. Been a great truck, no issues.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 18 is paid for, 53k miles with only the cam phaser issue, I have eibachs and a set of takeoff set with 50 miles of fox shocks in the garage and deaver +3 on order that will refresh the suspension when the deavers arrive and another 72K miles and 4+ years with a Ford ESP, I will wait for the R in 2023, maybe 2024.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score

huh?

The crew cab will not fit in my garage. This is not my daily driver and I won't let it sit outside.
Why are trophy trucks so short?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because the Raptor SCAB had a unique frame. On the regular F150 they just slap a longer bed on the same frame.
Yeah i know that, but still, they have cabs available, so its not much to throw a frame under it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

huh?

You're off base. The ones that would upgrade to a newer scab are guys like me that already have a scab, they are lighter, faster, better fuel economy and better offroad, that's why, and I don't need the extra cab space either. I'm sure there are other reasons. You sound a little pissy because I and others would prefer a scab, "what in the actual F?!?!?" . Back at ya!!