Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Gen 3-R or staying with your Gen 2??

Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Raptor-R, RAM T-REX or staying with your Gen 2??

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Threw up a poll to see where Gen 2 owners stand with Gen 3 and Raptor R or even T-Rex. My original thought was to keep my Gen2 since the Gen3 is keeping relatively the same platform but seeing that the Raptor R is in development... this is VERY intriguing to me.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's another option not listed that many have stated as their plan. That is "not now, maybe later". A lot of people don't want to pay ADM or possibly even MSRP, don't want to deal with first year issues, want to see different options, or just think they will be better positioned financial a couple of years from now.

For me personally, I have other financial obligations I want to deal with first, hoping to see better options, and perhaps most importantly, I've only had my truck just under 2 years and have several mods I want to get my money's worth from.

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Staying with my 2019 Gen2. I hate how the front of Gen3 looks. Gen3 R will probably look the same as Gen3 because I dont think Ford will redesign whole front of limited production truck

Completely agree. I like the grill separated from the headlights. I also look for a massive amount of room for heat exchangers (radiator, AC condenser, intercooler, trans cooler, etc.) And it feels like the gen 2 has more room though this may just be an optical illusion.

I only see two advantages of the gen 3 - the rear suspension and the 37’s stock. Not worth upgrading... at least initially.

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's another option not listed that many have stated as their plan. That is "not now, maybe later". A lot of people don't want to pay ADM or possibly even MSRP, don't want to deal with first year issues, want to see different options, or just think they will be better positioned financial a couple of years from now.

For me personally, I have other financial obligations I want to deal with first, hoping to see better options, and perhaps most importantly, I've only had my truck just under 2 years and have several mods I want to get my money's worth from.
Agree with this but I think if you're planning on "later" then choice A. would still be appropriate? I didn't intend it to be now or later. In general, are we thinking or going to move to Gen 3 over the next year, two, or three?

For as much as I invested in accessories, Modesta glass coating, etc., my plan was to keep this truck for as long as I can BUT.... Raptor R... sometimes I just can't resist the urge for the bigger, better version of this truck... Gen 3 - not enough of a change for me to make that move. Although, if Gen 3 solves the never ending problem of front end grinding of my hubs or IWE or whatever my dealer can't fix, I may jump on that to help my mental health... lol (kidding)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree with this but I think if you're planning on "later" then choice A. would still be appropriate? I didn't intend it to be now or later. In general, are we thinking or going to move to Gen 3 over the next year, two, or three?

"maybe later" is not close to "Gen 3 all the way". Even if I decide I definitely want one 2-3 years from now, a lot can happen between now and then.

For as much as I invested in accessories, Modesta glass coating, etc., my plan was to keep this truck for as long as I can BUT.... Raptor R... sometimes I just can't resist the urge for the bigger, better version of this truck... Gen 3 - not enough of a change for me to make that move. Although, if Gen 3 solves the never ending problem of front end grinding of my hubs or IWE or whatever my dealer can't fix, I may jump on that to help my mental health... lol (kidding)