Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Gen 3-R or staying with your Gen 2??

Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Raptor-R, RAM T-REX or staying with your Gen 2??

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hogvet

Reaction score
Threw up a poll to see where Gen 2 owners stand with Gen 3 and Raptor R or even T-Rex. My original thought was to keep my Gen2 since the Gen3 is keeping relatively the same platform but seeing that the Raptor R is in development... this is VERY intriguing to me.
I am keeping my 2020 G2. It’s paid for and not ready to go back in debt.

Gary Gere

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just took my 2019 802A SCrew in for general service (oil change, etc.). I custom ordered this from the dealer, it is fully optioned minus the panoramic sunroof, with 29k miles, original price MSRP ~$74k. They gave me a written offer to pay me $70,049 to trade it in, and will let me order a new 2021 when orders are open and sell it at MSRP. That works out to be about $0.15 per mile or about $5.50 per day to use the truck for 2 years. I told them I would think about it. The offer is good for 2 weeks. I'm not sure I can turn something like this down.

FGHT ON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm torn - My new 992 was finally delivered Monday which means the raptor will get next to no use until winter. I bought her new in '17 at first release, all kinds of mods, never had any issues, babied to say the least, only 9500 miles. I love the truck, but hard to pass up $68k.

Leaning toward selling and giving me time to decide what I want in time for winter (leaning toward Bronco, Explorer ST, G3, or maybe even 392 wrangler)

LpMike75

Reaction score
First impressions
Gen 1 = "WoW" /WANT
Gen 2 = "OMGOMGOMG" /NEED!!
Gen 3 = "that's kinda cool /...

I'm not going to be a fan of the Raptor R when gas prices are 7 bucks a gallon for 93. Or, when hybrid truck performance start blowing it away. I could care less about the sound. Give me looks and performance.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the 8 year extended warranty on mine, I figured I'll keep it until that is about to run out then replace it with whatever the latest Raptor is.
Same thing with me. I'm happy to keep it a long time. I ordered my '20 with everything but beadlocks, graphics, and sunroof, paid cash for it, I love it, it's fixed up just how I want it, I really see no reason to sell it.

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Problem is the Gen 3 doesn't give me enough to upgrade. Same motor. Worse looks. Maybe better interior but I have a 12" android tablet that retains the sync 3 yet I can do so much more than any stock head unit. Can watch TV while I drive if I want. The biggest thing is the coils in the rear which, with deavers on the Gen 2 help to close the gap a little anyway. I usually always want the newer model vehicle when they come but for some reason not this time. When they come at me with a Raptor Hybrid that gets 24mpg city and serious power, I'm 100% in. Not until then, not even the Raptor R excites me. There is never a time that I feel like my truck is slow - moves like a banshee but that is because I've taken it pretty much as far as possible on stock turbos.

Railroader

Reaction score
Had a black TRX ordered and could have picked up next week at MSRP.... turned down as I love the gen 2 and the 93 octane pricing at 11 MPG vs my 89 octane at 17MPG was big. Add to that the reported problems with the TRX, it was an easy decision. I don't use all of the HP currently available and my Raptor is the most comfortable pickup I have owned. (I've. had all flavors as well as 5 different wranglers, (2 Rubicons). Gen 2 802A with pano. Its the best!