Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Gen 3-R or staying with your Gen 2??

Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Raptor-R, RAM T-REX or staying with your Gen 2??

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI I honestly think the TRX looks hideous. Maybe I'm in a minority but I look at it and it doesn't look like a capable off roader to me at all. Has brodozer written all over it

Other than my massive hate for all Chrysler...I couldn't figure out why I didn't care for the TRX, you nailed it. brodozer. Sure has that look...oh right, its a hacked 1/2 ton

FGHT ON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might just get an old C-10 or F100 and a new SQ8.
Not a bad idea . . . I had an order placed for an RS Q8 and was going to give up the raptor and my 991.2. After a few months I just couldn’t give up the 911 and cancelled the RS and placed an order for a new 992.

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
Long reply incoming,

I love my truck ('19), way more than I ever thought I would. Normally I jump into a new vehicle every few years, especially if it's an upgrade and expected to do the same when the next gen rolled around. But my Raptor... Man, this truck is awesome. Everytime I get to fly over the dunes or enjoy the Raptor comforts on the road, I constantly think to myself "I'll never get rid of this truck!" It's the first vehicle I've ever owned that I can't wait to hop back into the driver's seat, looking forward to long road trips and far off expeditions. Hell, I'll even take it for a random drive about once every week or two and next thing you know, a few hours and a couple hundred miles have gone by without me realizing it. It never fails to put a smile on my face.

The TRX is cool, sure, and no doubt the Raptor R will be a beast, but then the thought that always sits in the back of my mind is, what if it's not as reliable as my current Raptor? If the new truck I buy does have problems, will the fun factor outweigh those problems or am I just going to worry about issues and not be able to enjoy it? Not to mention I don't really care for how the gen3 looks. I do like the tech/interior, and if the Raptor R follows suit, it'll probably be a hard, well-thought out decision for me. So I won't know how to feel about it til I see it. But while there lies uncertainty, I certainly do love my gen2 Raptor.

FlaRod

Reaction score
Not enough reason to upgrade and I have only had my gen2 for a year and it has been solid minus the gremlins in the backup camera which has been replaced. Besides, first model year vehicle? NOPE...... Not gonna do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc