Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Gen 3-R or staying with your Gen 2??

Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Raptor-R, RAM T-REX or staying with your Gen 2??

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I prefer my SCAB but wouldn’t hesitate to move into a Gen IV or V SCREW when the time comes if that’s all they offer. I’m not changing for a while. I drive less than 5k miles a year.
It will be called the Amazon Rivian Raptor

MDD

Reaction score
I love my Gen 2 but I have a wandering eye and I get bored. The high prices offered lately ($55k for my 18 w almost 60k) have been tempting. But there’s nothing else I really like. I have had SUVs and I think they fit my life a bit better than a pickup. That said, I love the height of the Rap. Most SUVs are just cars w a higher roof. Maybe wait for the Bronco (not the sport!!!)????

edit, no way I’m paying $100k for a truck!! I’m out on the R!

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah i know that, but still, they have cabs available, so its not much to throw a frame under it.
It’s manufacturing a completely different frame for an extremely low volume vehicle. And a different exhaust. It’s a heck of a lot to “throw under it”. The Raptor frame is different from the rest of the F150 line, and the SCAB frame, which sat under 10% of all Raptors sold, is another completely different frame. It sounds like you don’t understand automotive manufacturing very well.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im staying with my '19 4 door daddy Raptor. It holds a lot of Starbucks coffee and it allows me to see over the top of all those dang Prius cars ahead of you half the time.

But seriously, You can sell today and bank some bucks. But what can you buy? And is available just yet? This is my DD and still enjoying the hell out of it. Awesome truck all around, looks, power, comfy and lot's of features, MPG/Range etc etc. Enjoying the mods as well. If I got a Gen 3, I would wait until I use this truck up a bit more and the bugs are worked out of the new trucks. After paying a tad below invoice, I can't see even attempting to go MSRP or ADM pricing. Think I am sitting in a good place right now. In a couple of years the landscape is going to look a bit different as well.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're off base. The ones that would upgrade to a newer scab are guys like me that already have a scab, they are lighter, faster, better fuel economy and better offroad, that's why, and I don't need the extra cab space either. I'm sure there are other reasons. You sound a little pissy because I and others would prefer a scab, "what in the actual F?!?!?" . Back at ya!!

i just mean there’s so much to like about the truck why let that preclude you from getting one?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s manufacturing a completely different frame for an extremely low volume vehicle. And a different exhaust. It’s a heck of a lot to “throw under it”. The Raptor frame is different from the rest of the F150 line, and the SCAB frame, which sat under 10% of all Raptors sold, is another completely different frame. It sounds like you don’t understand automotive manufacturing very well.
Yup, I'm just a dumb hick hillbilly, I'll go screw my sister and your Mom while I'm at it. F'n cranking bastard aren't ya!