Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Gen 3-R or staying with your Gen 2??

Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Raptor-R, RAM T-REX or staying with your Gen 2??

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do like RMB, great guy and product so far. Spoke to him for like 30 minutes.

That is impressive. How much is that stroker build?

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have docs that show what this is putting down? The stroke still TT or S/C?
don't have it yet, but its all scheduled for these coming months. stroke with twin garrett g25-660. It will be more hp then anyone will ever need lol

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, I'm just a dumb hick hillbilly, I'll go screw my sister and your Mom while I'm at it. F'n cranking bastard aren't ya!
Lol. I didn’t even realize you were the person I was responding to. Cheers.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not the manufacturing that costs. It's the Federal testing required. If you take the same frame, drivetrain, bumpers, etc. but drop a slightly different body onto it, it's a completely different vehicle when it comes to testing. All of the testing, not just the tests that would be affected by the change. You can thank the EPA for the lost diversity in out vehicle fleet.
It’s both. They completely re-engineered the back half of the vehicle. No way they’re going to double the cost of that effort, including the testing just to increase sales by 10%. And if we’re being honest if a SCAB wasn’t available some of those buyers would still buy a SCREW.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m on the fence between getting a Raptor R in about 3-4 years, or keeping my 2018 and going full bore with suspension, programmer, IC, fenders, etc. and getting a sports sedan for a DD.

In 4 years, my son will be graduating HS, so he’ll be starting college, and he’s NOT taking a Raptor with him, maybe a lightly used Ranger or a Tacoma.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm so happy DDing my 2019 802a that I'm just gonna hang onto it for at least a couple more years and see where all this goes. If the Raptor R is priced reasonably, I might go for one. If the TRX gets a larger fuel tank and works out some of its bugs, I might go for one. But overall, I'm in a great truck and I don't have a reason to move.