Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Gen 3-R or staying with your Gen 2??

Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Raptor-R, RAM T-REX or staying with your Gen 2??

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dtsgli

Reaction score
Yep when they’re available used lol.
I test drove so many 17-20 raptors and too many people use them as intended, and beat them pretty bad. Hard to buy one used, especially at the current pricing. Hopefully gas prices go nuts and Gen 3 pricing falls for MSRP. No one wants to fill up a 36 gallon tank with Premium now let alone when we’re at $5/gal.

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took my 2019 802A SCrew in for general service (oil change, etc.). I custom ordered this from the dealer, it is fully optioned minus the panoramic sunroof, with 29k miles, original price MSRP ~$74k. They gave me a written offer to pay me $70,049 to trade it in, and will let me order a new 2021 when orders are open and sell it at MSRP. That works out to be about $0.15 per mile or about $5.50 per day to use the truck for 2 years. I told them I would think about it. The offer is good for 2 weeks. I'm not sure I can turn something like this down.
Dealer is offering you $70K as a trade-in for a 2021 at MSRP? That seems really good. I would be curious what their offer would be in a year for a similar deal for the R? I may need your dealers number lol

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keeping my Gen 2 since I love everything about it except the engine and I ordered a TRX, hope to have in June. I have no interest in a Gen 3 at this time.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waiting on a land cruiser and RS6 Avant. Raptor has been fun though.
Are you getting your RS6 at msrp? If so can you shot me a pm with dealership info. We went to trade in my wife’s Q8 on a RS6 here in California and they wouldn’t even consider selling at msrp because it had a 40k adm. I figured it’s a bluff and my wife REALLY wanted it so I said **** it and offered 5k over. I was politely told to kick rocks. Sure enough a woman living in Beverly Hills bought it for 50k over msrp 3 days later.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure I will get flames for this but my plan is to hold on to my Gen 2 until my Tri Motor cyber truck arrives. At that point I’ll either trade my Gen 2 for a Bronco warthog/Land Rover defender V8 or build my Gen 2 with a RMB stroker, HM 16in travel kit, fender flare, 40in tires etc etc aka donkey build.

I guess all my other plans depend on how much the cyber quad cost is as I plan on adding that on when it’s time to fill out my option sheet

Last edited:

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This poll is interesting, it shows just how good the G2 is and that there isn't enough new in the G3 to make folks blink. Very interesting. Doesn't bode well for sales.......

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well manufacturers never come to the forums now do they? lol

or... do they... O_O