Gen 2 Gas Millage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m at 7500 miles with Cobb stage one. Getting 14.4 mpg. Lots of highway driving 75/80mph

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Creeping up to 15/15.5 mph without cold staring and 40-55 degree weather. We’ll see how much better it gets in the 60s and 70s .
Mostly running 89 octane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I forgot to add that I remote start my truck, it idols for 10/15 minutes each start in the cold weather.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Mine was saying 15.4 ,
But it hand calculates to an average 14. Can never trust the guages !

There's another thread on here about how to get into Engineering Test Mode, and then you can adjust the 'ratio' the computer uses to calculate Average Fuel Economy (AFE). I did it to mine after a couple of tanksful to get a good diea of what ot program in, and now my dash AFE is within about 0.25 MPG or so of the hand calculated value. I've posted the how-to in that thread, you should be able to find it with the search function and using AFE as the search term. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll try to track it down. Been a while since it's been discussed.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's another thread on here about how to get into Engineering Test Mode, and then you can adjust the 'ratio' the computer uses to calculate Average Fuel Economy (AFE). I did it to mine after a couple of tanksful to get a good diea of what ot program in, and now my dash AFE is within about 0.25 MPG or so of the hand calculated value. I've posted the how-to in that thread, you should be able to find it with the search function and using AFE as the search term. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll try to track it down. Been a while since it's been discussed.
Sounds awesome do you remember what the thread was called , any key words to search for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, that's the link to what I posted earlier. Had some trouble getting my '17 into Test Mode, but it finally worked one day. Here's the information on how to calculate the AFE Bias number to update you computer, and a discussion on getting into ETM:
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/fix-inaccurate-lom-2-minutes-421912/#post5852007

Here's a link in the Forscan discussion with a video so you can see what the process looks like:

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/forscan-changes-tweak-your-truck.52149/page-119

Good luck, let us know how it works out for you.