Gen 2 Gas Millage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

georgesr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is your average speed on the highway? I'm at about 16mpg right now going about 75-80 consistently.

got 17 ish from OKC to salt lake city doing about 75-80 most of the time. I also get about 15 around town.

That being said i got 12-13 MPG on my GEN 1, on a good day if I kept it under 72 Miles per hour. and god forbid I was towing somthing.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
meanwhile us 802A owners are riding around in our poverty Raptors. :biggrin:

‘cause it’s all we can afford !

preach

I actually am glad I got leather seats instead of cloth, overall I'm liking them a lot more than I thought I would. All the other 802 features are well worth the price, if you ask me.

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried releasing the parking brake? LOL

I am thinking that 90 MPH indicated, several pounds of boost on, and cruise set at 88 has a bit to do with it. If his 25 MPH headwind is not a joke then yep, that is about what I would get also. Head winds kill the MPG on this truck, it is obviously about as aerodynamic as a sheet of plywood.

My drive home each day is dead into the prevailing winds, and on windy days I can do 11 or 12 MPG for that trip (~70-75 MPH), while on days without wind, and driving the same speeds, I do more like 17.

T!

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've never been able to muster anything better than 13 or so with my heavy wheels/tires.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was averaging 16.8 when my truck 100% stock. Now, with the engine mods, suspension and 37s, I am hovering in the high 13s to low 14s. Of course, I have a hard time keeping off of the boost, so that number might creep upward when the fun starts to wear off. :smile:

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never above 14.5 both stock and with the whipple tune, and i dont even mash the throttle every time

Major

Reaction score
I have 2018 Super Crew with 1200 miles. Mostly city driving (50 to 60 MPH) and getting 12.1?? It seems pretty high and never got near 14MPG...