Gen 2 Gas Millage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a scientific test but for the first 2298 miles I ran Premium Fuel, tire pressure set to 40 PSI, result was 18.5 MPG all Highway miles on a trip from Maryland to Michigan and back.

zjob4mi.jpg

Then I went to Regular Fuel (2298 miles to 4284 Miles) and set tires to 37 PSI, result was 18.4 MPG all Highway miles on a trip from Maryland to Atlanta and back.

acT8wLC.jpg

So I ran 2,000 miles on both fuels and at Highway (70 Plus speeds) got the same Millage in effect.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My speedometer reads 2 mph high. and the thermometer is 3 degrees off ambient.

we could go on and on, they’re all just approximations, including the distance to empty and mpg. OP said it was unscientific, and it was.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im seeing those numbers with shorter runs but mainly highways with 87 octane. Local stuff nets me around 13-14. If your cruising and hit the go pedal, It drops a lot faster than it climbs LOL. Was wanting to see if the difference of super versus regular warrants to expense and it seems thats its not.

OP
OP
RaptorMaryland

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is your average speed on the highway? I'm at about 16mpg right now going about 75-80 consistently.

Most Freeways allow 70

Even running Waze to spot speed traps, there are so many unmarked cars I lock my Cruse control at 76.