Gen 1 with 4 Auto (TOD)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRap

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to research that at the moment. It looks like the Gen 2 TOD is a BW4467 wheareas the Gen1 Raptor/F150 style would be a BW4417

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TBH - I'm not sure what the compatibility is.
From what I can tell, all of the controls and data comes from the 4x4 Module and has nothing to do with the PCM itself. So perhaps still compatible with early years?

The switch and 4x4 module are easy enough to swap and someone could theoretically test the connection by just sliding a T-Case under the truck and plugging it in to test for function.
you happen to come north at all? im currently in thornton. i would love to scan you truck with my forscan and my scanner. i would like to read all codes and verify complete compatability. if this is really that easy of a mod, a lot of gen 1 owners will be very happy

OP
OP
Primez

Primez

Reaction score
you happen to come north at all? im currently in thornton. i would love to scan you truck with my forscan and my scanner. i would like to read all codes and verify complete compatability. if this is really that easy of a mod, a lot of gen 1 owners will be very happy
Probably won’t be coming up that way for a while but happy to run whatever scan you’re interested. As far as I know, it’s the 4x4 module that makes the magic happen.

SVTRap

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gen2 transfer case install

from what I can see they look identical
Thanks for posting that up! I went ahead and ordered a new transfer case for a 2017 Raptor so I will do a side-by-side comparison of the TOD cases and keep everyone posted on the swap progress. Hopefully I don't end up with an overpriced doorstop....:oops:

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Always wondered if this was able to be done on a non-TOD truck. My Gen 1 replaced my 2013 Limited which had the TOD transfer case. I used it all the time during the winter and it was awesome. If I wasn't parking my Raptor for the winter I'd definitely consider the swap! Outside of on-pavement winter driving I always used 4HI though.