GBrown 1867 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking the same thing. With my bad left leg it's going to be a bitch. Going to add a grab handle to make it easier.
The seat slides so my vertically challenged wife can drive it. Haha
If you put your running boards back on it would help toys a lot.
you mean at some point you will have to drive her jeep?

Glassman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you dump this much money into a truck you got let your wife drive it at least once ( nothing's for free ) Gordon will be paying for this truck for some time !

OP
OP
GBrown1867

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13 inches of up travel and 16 inches down travel strapped and bumped. 29 inches total of usable suspension.
ane7u3ym.jpg
yme8esu3.jpg

Last edited:

Glassman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it's going to be that way, I already have a complex and now I have to deal this info, but you know it's not how long or big it is, it's how you use it

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
13 inches of up travel and 16 inches down travel strapped and bumped. 29 inches total of usable suspension.
ane7u3ym.jpg
yme8esu3.jpg

Can you explain how to measure up and down travel? Not sure how it's measured. If i had to guess, the point of reference is when the truck sits, and from that point to the farthest point up X (up travel) and from where it sits to full droop, Y (down travel). Them X+Y=Z (total travel) Z=full travel...

OP
OP
GBrown1867

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you explain how to measure up and down travel? Not sure how it's measured. If i had to guess, the point of reference is when the truck sits, and from that point to the farthest point up X (up travel) and from where it sits to full droop, Y (down travel). Them X+Y=Z (total travel) Z=full travel...

Correct. The truck has no shocks in it yet so they can cycle the suspension. They know where it's going to sit once all the suspension is in. So they let all the nitrogen out of the bumps and measure up. That is fully compressed. Then they droop it out as far as they can without causing issues with driveline and other mechanical factors. That is where it will be strapped at. I think actually moves somewhere in the 32 inch range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct. The truck has no shocks in it yet so they can cycle the suspension. They know where it's going to sit once all the suspension is in. So they let all the nitrogen out of the bumps and measure up. That is fully compressed. Then they droop it out as far as they can without causing issues with driveline and other mechanical factors. That is where it will be strapped at. I think actually moves somewhere in the 32 inch range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, cool...well, it's not bragging if it's dragging....

OP
OP
GBrown1867

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to Outlaw last week before and after the Desert Heat run to help work on the truck. I dealt with the wiring for the stereo, two GPS and two radios. While I was down there I took a few more pics. It's coming along pretty good

Here is Mike who is an old school sheet metal fabricator. He is cutting down the center consul so there is room for center mounted rear seat.
zu3utugy.jpg
my3uzuty.jpg

He is also making the metal panels for the rear of the bed.
a2uvyde8.jpg

Marvin mounted the Baja 5 on the cage and mounted it facing me. The second HDS 9 will go where the passenger air bag used to be located.
urepunuj.jpg
ruzy7ata.jpg

And just a few random pics.
e8ybujeb.jpg
quqyty4a.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc