GBrown 1867 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lugnut2683

Reaction score
The Howe system works good. No issues. I go through a rack every 3-4 runs.

Finally had the chance to go through this entire thread, awesome build Gordon :rockit:

My Raptor is at Shaffer's now and I'm thinking about the Howe system before a run to Area 51. I haven't had to deal with PS issues as of yet, but it seems only a matter of time..

OP
OP
GBrown1867

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally had the chance to go through this entire thread, awesome build Gordon :rockit:

My Raptor is at Shaffer's now and I'm thinking about the Howe system before a run to Area 51. I haven't had to deal with PS issues as of yet, but it seems only a matter of time..

I highly recommend the Howe pump. We average one stock pump per run that we do on someone's truck. We carry a spare stock pump. However, depending on how much of the run is left, it's not a fun repair in the desert. We normally just install a bypass belt and have them drive it without power steering. The only exception to this is our Baja runs where we have designated mechanics that will stay up all night to be sure the truck is ready to drive the next day.