GEN 2 FU Ford. The Raptor will be my last

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with Ford has been great.. my first truck was a new 2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Supercab, kept it for 5 1/2 years and 120,000 miles... great truck no issues, then traded it in for my current 2017 Ford Raptor Super Crew Cab, which is now at 32,600 miles in 1 1/2 years... no issues, no paint flaking, nothing.. so it has been a great experience so far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notnks

Reaction score
Don’t buy GM!

I had 2 - 2016’s, a 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton, the electronics are junk on both of them. “There are 40 computers on the trucks and all of them are designed to fail in 4 years. You won’t be able to afford to replace them, you will have to buy another new truck.“ (that statement came straight from the dealers mouth.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I think I'm with him on this.. I'm done with Ford, because he pressure washed a probable rock chip, or some other imperfection and is now complaining that they wouldn't give him a new bumper.. pretty sure the paint warranty isn't covered if you blow half of it off with a pressure washer.. cmon dummy.

there's a bunch of take off front bumpers out there from guys changing them out for like $300. Quit crying and buy one.
Hahaha. Tough love!

OP
OP
C

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite crying and buy one? I did. A year ago with all the other new bits that make up the truck.

The point of a warranty is that mistakes happen and things go wrong before they should... the manufacturer should apologize for the inconvenience and make it right period. For Ford to look at a cell phone pic and make a decision is chicken shit and I wont be bullied. Yes, of course I can buy a take off bumper but why should I?

I filed suit in small claims court for the cost to replace the bumper- parts and labor. I have 3 letters from separate body shops who have all stated in writing (after actually inspecting the truck) the paint peeled due to improper surface preparation. I've found pics of similar peeling bumpers. I'm ready.

Then I'll take Ford's $1000 and throw in $1000 of my $$ and buy an ADD bumper. Don't see that one peeling. I'll let you know how this goes.

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's funny how everyone has an answer these days, i feel for you and do what you have to. The days of doing the right thing are over, it's cheaper to blow you off and move on in the big business world. its all about the bottom line.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I think I'm with him on this.. I'm done with Ford, because he pressure washed a probable rock chip, or some other imperfection and is now complaining that they wouldn't give him a new bumper.. pretty sure the paint warranty isn't covered if you blow half of it off with a pressure washer.. cmon dummy.

there's a bunch of take off front bumpers out there from guys changing them out for like $300. Quit crying and buy one.

Hell, I pretty much gave my stocker to a really pleasant member on here.

x2 for the "ask someone for some help and/or pick up a slightly used one"