GEN 2 FU Ford. The Raptor will be my last

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a little thing, but it speaks volumes.

The 17 Raptor is my 4th new Ford in the past 6 years. 3 trucks, 1 Mustang. I've also been personally responsible for 3+ other people buying new Fords. No more.

The paint has peeled from my front bumper. Not sprayed with chemicals, not wrecked... just flaked off. I pressure washed the loose paint bc I was tired of it getting in my wash bucket.

Ford declined the warranty because the damage was from "chemicals/ abuse/ or impact" NOPE. Ford did a $hit job of prepping the metal and the paint didn't stick. Period.

I do love the truck but it will be my last Ford. Can't let the company just crap on me and continue to give them/ refer them business. In addition, I'll be sure to share my experience. FU Ford.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The paint has peeled from my front bumper. Not sprayed with chemicals, not wrecked... just flaked off. I pressure washed the loose paint bc I was tired of it getting in my wash bucket.

This is really the wrong venue to vent your rage. Channel that $hit into your first step toward a lawsuit.

Unless you actually did do something to it. Seriously, do you have an adversarial relationship with the dealer service department? That’s a chicken $hit outcome in and of itself, and yeah, I’d definitely be in the FU camp if it were me under that fact set.

If they’re asserting impact damage, have them illustrate the impact damage evidence. Ditto for chemicals; what chemicals caused your paint to flake and peel off? From the OUT - FREAKIN - SIDE ?

seriously, pictures and lots of them. then see if some other dealer with a better body shop will entertain actually fixing it.

D

Deleted member 12951

Do whatever you want, its your money, your decision how to spend it.

The reason I won’t ever purchase a GM product till the day I die. Had an issue in the 80’s and GM (Chevrolet) did shit. I have not purchased another GM product of anything they sell as vehicles for over 30 years. They lost me as a customer long ago and when there was news that GM might go bankrupt and go out of business in the last decade, that was music to my ears, then the government screwed that up and bailed their shit out.

If you don’t like Ford, move on, good for you and best of luck whoever you go to.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The 17 Raptor is my 4th new Ford in the past 6 years. 3 trucks, 1 Mustang. I've also been personally responsible for 3+ other people buying new Fords. No more.

Ford declined the warranty because the damage was from "chemicals/ abuse/ or impact" NOPE. Ford did a $hit job of prepping the metal and the paint didn't stick. Period.

I do love the truck but it will be my last Ford. Can't let the company just crap on me and continue to give them/ refer them business. In addition, I'll be sure to share my experience. FU Ford.

You really think they'll give a rat's ass if you don't come back to buy?
I have yet to meet ANYONE at a Ford Dealer that could give any care what they customer thinks.

Blessings on your continued pursuit of justice!

D

Deleted member 12951

BBB is a joke. Businesses don’t care about BBB. Its a dying association with no weight to stand on and cannot enforce a thing.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I would call corporate and see if you can get anywhere with them, or BBB mediation. They hope you give up easy.... this is typical of all auto makers

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score

warranty still? they have to prove you hit something or you used paint remover or what ever they can't just assume it. your letting them off to easy. personal me I would just paint take it to the shop and get it fixed but if you are that pissed make them pay make them prove you hit something. there has to be more to it then this. special with all the cars and truck you bought the sales guy has to know you and help

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I'm with him on this.. I'm done with Ford, because he pressure washed a probable rock chip, or some other imperfection and is now complaining that they wouldn't give him a new bumper.. pretty sure the paint warranty isn't covered if you blow half of it off with a pressure washer.. cmon dummy.

there's a bunch of take off front bumpers out there from guys changing them out for like $300. Quit crying and buy one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter