The end of the road for my 2018 Raptor :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bclead

bclead

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is totaled! I tried spoke with the appraiser about having it fixed and he said that it was too damaged and the cost was not justified! Arbella, my insurance company, has been exceedingly fair with their valuation! I am really impressed with them!! They've also been very supportive and get back to me really quickly when I've had questions! I have never had an accident even close to this bad, so I was a bit out of my depth!

Sidetrack

Reaction score
Glad everyone walked away in your situation. I hope they hammer the drunkard. Just know, it can always be worse.

Two years ago, a guy that works for my friend was on his way home from a roping in TX with his entire family in the truck. A kid driving a semi w/ a loaded tanker ran the stop sign on an intersecting farm road doing 80+ mph. Hit the gooseneck trailer square on, ripped the ball out of the bed of the truck, and the horses were thrown out. Had to be put down right there. The guy and his family were fine, but it wasn't a happy ending for the horses. After the collision, the kid jumped out of the semi and started running across the cotton field. They caught him on the other side of the cotton patch, fortunately. The kid was an illegal, no license, no CDL, etc...

Good luck with the 2023!

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little more thread veer. Just yesterday a friend of mine, older chap-upper 60’s, was driving to meet us after a fishing trip. Another driver, will refer to him as ragehead, in a pickup takes issue with the rate my bud is rolling down the road in his bmw. Ragehead does a rage pass and in his ill advised attempt to do a close as possible rage pass he clips the rear of my buds bimmer. Who then pulls over for insurance etc., and gets threatened with assault by ragehead. Anyway cops show up tell ragehead it’s his fault and tells him to move along. Point is not only drunks out there but people who would do you bodily harm for just being on the road with them.

OP
OP
bclead

bclead

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well...I now have my new 2023 Raptor in Antimatter Blue with red "Raptor" graphics and with the Recaro Unique Blue Accent seats, with Power Pro onboard and power tailgate. I really like it! I miss my old 2018 Raptor, but am getting used to my new truck! On advantage of having had the old Raptor is that I knew what I wanted in terms of aftermarket additions. It only took me a couple of weeks to fit it out the way I wanted, whereas it took several years for my old truck! I have now added a DiamondbackHD Tonneau cover, Pedal Commander, Built Right Bedside Rack system and Rear Seat Release Kit, RokBlokz mud flaps, Carhartt Precision Fit Custom Rear Seat Covers, Lock'er Down Underseat SUVault, Morimoto A-Pillar Ditch Light Brackets with Morimoto 4Banger LED Pods (which I have yet to install) and Everglades heated wiper blades (which I will install in November).