Front Camera “Dark” Inverted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swedensky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has run into this problem before before I start trying to track it down.

Yesterday I pulled the center console/dash out to install the USB C lighted port and to run my charging cable hidden behind there. Later last night I hopped into Forscan to adjust my mirrors, DRLs, etc

I noticed this morning that my front camera is extremely dark, barely visible (without my winch hook I might have not noticed the picture at all). You can see the brightness difference when looking at the overhead or reverse view in my pics.

Removing the center panel is not the quickest thing, and going over every code in Forscan sounds daunting as well - so just wondering if maybe anyone else has had this issue and can save me a little time?

9147AAC2-7F06-4E0C-900E-FB68BBFCD400.jpeg F3B2C96F-03B8-4649-961D-6115D67B94B9.jpeg 9EDA8CAE-ADB2-4445-A7A8-9163067B7C11.jpeg 5747778E-E134-4D6F-9F47-1470B22CE29B.jpeg

E581E877-A9AD-489C-A1E8-2E6642E4DD6B.jpeg

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has run into this problem before before I start trying to track it down.

Yesterday I pulled the center console/dash out to install the USB C lighted port and to run my charging cable hidden behind there. Later last night I hopped into Forscan to adjust my mirrors, DRLs, etc

I noticed this morning that my front camera is extremely dark, barely visible (without my winch hook I might have not noticed the picture at all). You can see the brightness difference when looking at the overhead or reverse view in my pics.

Removing the center panel is not the quickest thing, and going over every code in Forscan sounds daunting as well - so just wondering if maybe anyone else has had this issue and can save me a little time?

View attachment 143497 View attachment 143496 View attachment 143499 View attachment 143498

View attachment 143500

There has been a few of us that have had this same issue with the 2020s that is occuring with the front and rear cameras. I have only had the issue with the rear camera so far but another user, Jim, has had both. Ive been to the dealer 3 times with less than 3k miles. They told me this is a problem in the 2020s and are replacing my rear camera assembly. If that doesn't fix the issue on visit number 4, ill have to take it back for visit number 5 to replace the harness. Heres a pic of my rear camera, looks like the same issue as your front camera. And here is a link to another thread with the user Jim on page 2 who has had both the front and rear go bad.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/2020-sync-3-issues-failure.74629/page-2

full

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have same issue with front camera. I wiggled the harness and worked fine for a day. then back to either being dark, or not working at all. Will be bringing to dealer.

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same problem here back camera first now front camera also. Now waiting for parts.

Ducc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the back camera issue and Ford replaced it. I experienced the same problem with the front, took the truck in last week and they said it was a software issue/update needed. It works fine now.

D

Deleted member 17706

There has been a few of us that have had this same issue with the 2020s that is occuring with the front and rear cameras. I have only had the issue with the rear camera so far but another user, Jim, has had both. Ive been to the dealer 3 times with less than 3k miles. They told me this is a problem in the 2020s and are replacing my rear camera assembly. If that doesn't fix the issue on visit number 4, ill have to take it back for visit number 5 to replace the harness. Heres a pic of my rear camera, looks like the same issue as your front camera. And here is a link to another thread with the user Jim on page 2 who has had both the front and rear go bad.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/2020-sync-3-issues-failure.74629/page-2

full

There is actually another thread that has more users than just you and Jim (myself being included): https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/2020-raptor-rear-view-cam.74687/

I am about to be on my third trip to the dealer as my front camera has been replaced and now my rear camera has started acting up.

@swedensky how long did it take you to remove the center panel? I was wanting to run my cord behind the center panel as well. Also, how big of a hole did you make in the console bin to run the cord through? I assume you simply drilled a hole to run the cord. Any pics you have would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cornwallis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the same thing going on...is there a TSB on this? Was it a stop by the dealer and wait situation or did you all drop the truck off and leave it?

D

Deleted member 17706

I've got the same thing going on...is there a TSB on this? Was it a stop by the dealer and wait situation or did you all drop the truck off and leave it?

They will have to replace the camera housing and then recalibrate all the cameras, so it takes time. I dropped mine off. More in likely, your dealership will have to order the part.

Kazoo

Reaction score
Funny, have been having issues with my rear camera for the past 4 weeks, just noticed the ********* bar at the top of the birds eye view for the first time today when backing up. Havent seen it since, but it was definitely happening because at the time something just didnt look right. Thats exactly what it was.