Backup lights that dont ruin backup camera visibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should have set the ebrake so the red brake lights were not interfering. Doh!

OP
OP
V

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
Yes, takes ten minutes to swap them out. I'm not much of a photographer, but jumped in the truck and took one for you. My driveway is at least 75ft long for ref. It's not like having a light bar, but I see really well when backing at night on a long driveway. Hth.

Sweet! Just to confirm the link you sent fits the gen1? I’ll buy those today no matter what else I end up with.

Last question, how long have you been running them?

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just added them a month or so ago. Yes, gen juan.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got S1s surface mounted on my Gen 2. Low enough that it really lights up the rear with little glare. Enough light to see in the mirrors also.

IMG_3546.jpeg

Sorry don’t have a night shot.

OP
OP
V

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
I got S1s surface mounted on my Gen 2. Low enough that it really lights up the rear with little glare. Enough light to see in the mirrors also.

View attachment 445284

Sorry don’t have a night shot.
I was looking at these. Quick question, how long was the harness that you bought with them? Wondering if its long enough to reach into the cab and get to the upfitter switch location...

I havent been able to find any install documentation for the kit yet.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I was looking at these. Quick question, how long was the harness that you bought with them? Wondering if its long enough to reach into the cab and get to the upfitter switch location...

Call Jon and Sydney at @Specialtyperformanceparts . They make great harnesses and are a site supporter.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I think I bought a length of 15’ silicone insulation. I made my own harness. I went to the upfitter.