Backup lights that dont ruin backup camera visibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
Looking for some backup lights for my 2013 that dont ruin camera visibility. Im not running the desert or anything this is just a daily driver with a long dark driveway so use of my camera is a must.

Which lights did you go with, and do you have any night pics of how it looks on the display screen while in reverse?

ive been looking at rigid, (not tied to this) but I have heard mixed reviews between the spot and diffused.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded ALL my lights on my 2014 to Morimoto's. The back-up light is a strip above the license plate and is not effecting camera for me. If your talking about the rear cab light,changed that also,and no problems with that one either.
Might want to check them out...bought from Apollo.com a vendor on here...talk to Nick,he can answer any questions.

OP
OP
V

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
Thanks @Ricoman this is the type of feedback I’m looking for. And yes I often will back down my driveway which is super dark so I’m looking for supplemental light to the reverse lights.

I’ll check it out

OP
OP
V

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
Easy cheap solution. I used an 8-10" little light bar and tied into my backup light. it's still a little bright outside so it looks brighter in the camera but this style works great.
Oh I hadn’t thought of that. Nice!!

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
any extra lighting will help the camera. i had the morimoto led bulbs on my gen1 and they worked pretty good..

as long as the camera cant "see" the lights you'll be good..

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I had Rigid SR-L on my Gen 2 for a bit. They worked alright. Sorry, I don't have a picture of the back up camera anymore. I am currently using Baja S2.

20210916_131810.jpg

You want a flood light, wide area. Spots are like flashlights. Not really good for up close backing maneuvers.

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man that looks like an easy win. Got a pic to share of how bright they make it?

Also, what does that replace? The reverse lights in the tail lights?

Yes, takes ten minutes to swap them out. I'm not much of a photographer, but jumped in the truck and took one for you. My driveway is at least 75ft long for ref. It's not like having a light bar, but I see really well when backing at night on a long driveway. Hth.

8F0E5CB0-7AA5-4492-9A32-2ACC9E9EB677_1_102_o.jpeg51FB3E04-8A23-444B-AA60-CDDD35090F98_1_102_o.jpeg