Software Update - Front Parking Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you saying the camera comes on when you get close to something in the front? My 2022 has done that since day 1.
Same here w/ a ‘21. Just wish it would come on a lot sooner. OP, what‘s the OTA you received & what does it states specifically? Don’t recall any of them adjusting the front camera…I could be wrong.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here w/ a ‘21. Just wish it would come on a lot sooner. OP, what‘s the OTA you received & what does it states specifically? Don’t recall any of them adjusting the front camera…I could be wrong.
Same here, wish it would activate sooner. Most of the time I manually turn it before it activates. But it has definitely always done it. Early 2022 build.

OP
OP
NewRap4Me

NewRap4Me

Reaction score
I’m only guessing it was a software update since I did nothing to change it and have not ventured into ForScan. I looked for sensitivity distance alterations to activate it sooner but couldn’t find one. Some front camera is better than none in my opinion.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 21 does not do that. Was there a recent software update?
Perhaps you’re not close enough. My front cam seems to come when I’m damn near on top of the object…but it does come on.
I’m only guessing it was a software update since I did nothing to change it and have not ventured into ForScan. I looked for sensitivity distance alterations to activate it sooner but couldn’t find one. Some front camera is better than none in my opinion.
Each software updates outlines what changes are being made. Care to share which update “you think” effected your front cam? TIA

OP
OP
NewRap4Me

NewRap4Me

Reaction score
No comment about front camera in update. Just info on Apple car play. The mystery continues………..

jond

Reaction score
I have a '21 built October of 2021 and my front camera has always come on with the front sensors. Odd some don't. But i have no evidence of ever receiving any updates either and have no full screen car play.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But i have no evidence of ever receiving any updates either and have no full screen car play.
Give Ford Tech dept a call @ (833) 389-0848 to see what’s going on with your OTA updates. Have you received any?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Confirmed that my truck doesn't do this with the front sensors. It brings up a little splash screen type thing with the green, yellow, red proximity warning deal. In reverse, of course, I get the rear camera and 360. I'd like to enable this if it's a thing... Any FORScan peeps want to send me their file from their truck and I can compare to mine and possibly load it up and see if it works? Not sure which module would control it without looking.

1684249425389.png