Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 2020 Raptor Rear View Cam

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by bviperd, Mar 6, 2020.

1. bviperd

bviperd Member

Picked up the truck on Dec 30 and has been mostly fine but about a week ago the back up cam started acting up. Blue screen, dark image, lines across the screen etc. So I reset sync 3 and it got better but still a little buggy. Took it to the dealer today and they said the back up cam is bad. They ordered one and it will take 5 days to get to CA. It's under warranty so no cost to me just a pain in the neck. $80k for a truck to have, a what I would consider now standard equipment on any vehicle, break in two months.

IMG_2501 2.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    Tim Eldredge likes this.
  2. bviperd

bviperd Member

IMG_2507.jpeg

Tim Eldredge likes this.
  3. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

Damn, that does kind of suck. Especially if you have to back in or out of the starbucks parking lot. :confused: What I do, when it’s raining the camera is pretty useless, so I hang a few old tires over the tailgate, covering the bumper, so when back into the priusses lined up in the parking lot, I don’t scuff up the truck or get their Smug(™) all over the Raptor. :oops:

;)

Honestly, I can’t remember anyone else posting up their camera going out. Not saying it hasn’t happened but has to be pretty rare. I know that doesn’t really help but they’ll get it squared away for you.

Tim Eldredge likes this.
  4. GCATX

GCATX FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well shit happens, even on new trucks. At least you have video evidence. haha..

Tim Eldredge and Oldfart like this.
  5. Ducc

Ducc Full Access Member

Same problem here. I have a ‘20 and it was in the shop last week. It’s intermittent, but I have a ton of pics and thankfully the service lady saw it the morning I brought it in. Ford is ordering me a new backup camera. It should be in next week.

F09DD921-9C65-4E55-B2C4-F119FDA7621A.jpeg

00AE5D31-27D1-4140-A3CA-42D11D111DBA.jpeg

9329806B-5B3D-4060-A658-E4C2AF144D5B.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    Tim Eldredge likes this.
  6. RadDad760

RadDad760 Member

I had the same problem. Dealer had to order a new one, then I had to go back to have it replaced. After they fixed it a portion of the backup camera didn’t work. Had to take it back in and they reprogrammed it and now it seems to be fine. It was a pain in the ass having to go to the dealer 3 times for a brand new truck, but shit happens.

Tim Eldredge and Carlos Flores like this.
  7. bviperd

bviperd Member

Thanks for the replies. Good info. Not sure why they can't seem to get this right. I go back next week to have the broken one replaced. Hoping I don't have to go back for a third time.

Tim Eldredge likes this.
  8. Oldfart

Oldfart FRF Addict

Fixed it. You misspelled smegma.

9. bviperd

bviperd Member

Took it in to the dealer once the part came in and they replaced the cam. or so they said. Got home, didn't drive for a few days and when I did finally get back in the truck the cam didn't work again. So I took it to another dealer. They are ordering another camera that should be here Monday. So we'll see. I hope they can get this fixed. Will let you guys know what happens when I pick it up. For those of you keeping score at home this is my third trip to the dealer.

Tim Eldredge likes this.
  10. VelociRap

VelociRap Full Access Member

Well, seat warmers are a around a lot longer yet mine broke in December and the dealer took 3 months (!?!?!) to get one, even calling Ford and submitting a case didn’t help.
    Don’t let this frustrate you man, there is still hope for them :)