GEN 2 2020 Raptor Rear View Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

It's been two weeks since I took it to the dealer to get fixed. So far still working. I haven't been driving all that much because there's nowhere to go. So hopefully once I ge back to regular life it holds up.

I dropped my truck off today. Ford told me it probably wouldn’t be ready until Monday because they had to order the camera. Not to mention, they were out of loaner vehicles. Go figure.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ford told me it probably wouldn’t be ready until Monday because they had to order the camera. Not to mention, they were out of loaner vehicles. Go figure.

You’d think they could order it, pick up the phone and call you when it’s in to schedule the repair, to minimize customer impact. I wasn’t successful at this tactic previously, my stealership completely blew me off, never even ordered the parts [for the moon roof].

D

Deleted member 17706

You’d think they could order it, pick up the phone and call you when it’s in to schedule the repair, to minimize customer impact. I wasn’t successful at this tactic previously, my stealership completely blew me off, never even ordered the parts [for the moon roof].

Yea, they offered to order the part and me just bring the vehicle in on Monday. But they would still probably need the vehicle for a couple hours to reprogram all the cameras and all that jazz. I live 20 mins away (one way) from the dealership, so I wasn’t going to drive back home and bring it back again on Monday.

Kabar

Reaction score
Dealership ordered a new front and rear camera for mine, back ordered 2 weeks.

D

Deleted member 17706

Dealership ordered a new front and rear camera for mine, back ordered 2 weeks.

Dealership confirmed that the front camera needs to be replaced. They ordered one today and it ought to be here on Tuesday. I should have my vehicle back on Wednesday at the latest. They also gave me a 2020 Limited Explorer to drive until my vehicle is ready :)

RickHdz36

Reaction score
Not my backup camera but my front view camera did it yesterday. It’s a 20 and I just got it 2 days ago. It hasn’t happened today. But I’m hoping it was cuz the sun was in view. See how the rest of the week goes.

D

Deleted member 17706

Not my backup camera but my front view camera did it yesterday. It’s a 20 and I just got it 2 days ago. It hasn’t happened today. But I’m hoping it was cuz the sun was in view. See how the rest of the week goes.

There must be a quality issue with the cameras on the 2020s. All new 2020s come with Sync 3.4, so the problems can’t be due to the Sync update.

I am getting my truck back tomorrow—Ford had to replace my front camera as mine went out after a week of owning the truck.

D

Deleted member 17706

Well I picked up my truck yesterday after the dealership replaced the front camera on Wednesday. To my dismay, the front camera still doesn’t work in the 360 degree view. It will work in the other front camera views—just not in the 360 degree view. So I guess we will try this again next week!