Four Wheeler: 10 reasons Raptor better than TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I, for one, am just watching all this to see what my next truck buy is. I had a gen1 raptor and loved it. Wore it out, and went diesel until we had some v8 back in a raptor. So, if there isn't one back in for 21, I guess I have to buy TRX. Both trucks to me are fine, BUT, I just can't do the v6.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Speaking of Toyota...why can nobody else reproduce the full roll-down rear window of the Tundra? There must be a reason why it's expensive to pull off, or why the glass will get shattered by off-road twisting, or something like that. Because that should be the only way to do a rear window in a full size truck.

I’m always afraid the Toyota window would rattle like a bastard!

ItsAMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I, for one, am just watching all this to see what my next truck buy is. I had a gen1 raptor and loved it. Wore it out, and went diesel until we had some v8 back in a raptor. So, if there isn't one back in for 21, I guess I have to buy TRX. Both trucks to me are fine, BUT, I just can't do the v6.

Must suck to have a micro-*****.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of Toyota...why can nobody else reproduce the full roll-down rear window of the Tundra? There must be a reason why it's expensive to pull off, or why the glass will get shattered by off-road twisting, or something like that. Because that should be the only way to do a rear window in a full size truck.

Seems to handle the flexing just fine :D

giphy.gif

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of insightful responses. I think there are many of us who are more interested in the practical aspects of a Raptor than in the emotional need for V8 noises.

I was planning to buy a Rubicon Ecodiesel but test drove a Raptor at the last second and found the Raptor could do all the rock crawling I wanted to but was better at high speed offroad, daily driving, towing/hauling and fuel economy.

I know I’m gonna take shit for saying this but I get over 20MPG Highway. The TRX will definitely not do this.

So in the end, you’re paying a higher purchase price and more at the pump for a one trick pony (straight line acceleration). Not my thing