Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Four Wheeler: 10 reasons Raptor better than TRX

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by KAH24, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Kaz109

Kaz109 Full Access Member

As did everybody else. Better talk to @kenb since he is the only one that was able to check that option box lol

Blackiestom likes this.
  2. kenb

kenb Full Access Member

Soooooooo your 2020 raptor has a V8 then I'm assuming ?

Yes it does. Come on by and I will show it to you.

3. Russ103

Russ103 Full Access Member

I don’t care about the MPG’s at all, but I know that a lot of guys here pay attention to it, hence my pic of the long trip I just did.

With that said, I do care about having a big 36 gallon fuel tank that allows me to not care about the MPG’s.

DINOZR and KAH24 like this.
  4. 04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi It's Just a Username

I’m going to admit it because I’m a 12 year old, the motor in my 2016 Hellcat was my favorite motor I’ve ever owned. The sound of the supercharger was intoxicating, and I loved the sound of the exhaust. Where the Hellcat got old was on long trips where the drone of the exhaust could get old. I had actually thought about adding sound insulation to the interior of the car to help with the drone.

I think the TRX will be a fantastic truck for FCA, and I love the idea of more power, but the longer I have this Raptor the more and more I like it. It’s by far the most comfortable vehicle I’ve owned, and I’m very happy with the fuel economy. I hope that FCA sells every TRX they make because it will continue Ford to make an even better Raptor.

DINOZR, KAH24 and CobraJay like this.
  5. Frank N

Frank N FRF Addict

FCA
    Fukking Crap Automobiles

6. shapiroeric

shapiroeric Full Access Member

I think for most of us average Raptor owners, the ones that drive it like they would a normal pick up, the TRX will give us an option when it comes time to trade up. I have an early 2017 and the truck has been a total sh*t box....problems upon problems upon problems....I'm not holding it against Ford this time around.....

The TRX is a cool truck and the interior is a huge plus. I think the true comparison will be to the Gen 3 Raptor. I'm not a big fan of the TRX being bigger. The Raptor is big enough IMO. While I'm not crazy about the Ecoboost not sure if I want or need a 700 hp gas guzzler on a daily basis. I don't really care about gas mileage as I have another vehicle that gets 9 mpg but the truck gets the majority of the seat time.

I realize this site is pretty negative on the TRX but a little competition is always good. And quite honestly most Ford dealers were impossible to deal with when the Gen 2 came out. This might make it a little better....

7. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

You got an early model year of an entirely new design- many people find out the hard way the first iterations of a new product are still a “work in progress” so to speak.

that being said....offering to be the guinea pig for fiat Chrysler of all makes, on a COMPLETELY new “frankensteined” version of a high-Po truck splitting the difference between their 1/2 & 3/4 ton chassis while trying to match a Raptors offroad capability? No thank you. I’ll wait on the sidelines see what happens- you should too or may get an even more expensive pile of crap lol!

GordoJay likes this.
  8. GordoJay

GordoJay Full Access Member

I'm sure being a beta tester for Fiat will be much better than being a beta tester for Ford. :rolleyes:

Badgertits likes this.
  9. melvimbe

melvimbe FRF Addict

While I get why people feel that way, and I agree that the TRX looks better from pictures, I'm not 100% sure it will feel that way when you sit in. I did a test drive of the Rebel a year ago, and although it has similar interior dimensions to the Raptor, it felt smaller. In both the front and rear. Not sure if the interior layout was 'busier', giving a more crowded feel to it, but I felt like I had more space in the Raptor than Rebel.

Of course, the TRX has some significant changes, but it appears to be more, not less, and I would not surprised if it's interior feels smaller as well.

10. RAPTERRIER

RAPTERRIER Full Access On Your Mom

The TRX beats the Gen II 252 ways. If Ford doesn't offer a boosted V8 in the Gen III, well it's time to pass the torch.