Ford Tech One to the courtesy phone please need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Tech One,
I have a serious question... I took my 19 in for the cam phaser recall, and here is the issue
1) I asked them to rotate the tires -- They did not, and the tech when asked lied and said he did
2) I asked them to change the oil while in the shop, they tried to bill me for the oil change and filter and bill ford at the same time, they backed out the bill to me
3) The did not change the filter, I drove the truck home from the dealership and found mud on my filter, The 10 mile drive home was in dry conditions and all paved.
4) I found 2 missing bolts from my skid plates
5) When I took it back to the shop to call them on the carpet today, the found the other skid plate bolts cross threaded...

Here is my question, I cannot really tell if they went into my engine or not, and the noise is gone. I have ZERO hope that this lying idiot who cross threaded skid plate bolts actually did the repair right. So is there a way to go into this engine for the CAM noise and just over tighten something down to get it to become quiet only to blow up later?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Tech One,
I have a serious question... I took my 19 in for the cam phaser recall, and here is the issue

There is no cam phaser recall. As far as a TSB for a cam phaser replacement, it only applies to 2017-2018 models. Do you have a copy of the repair order? How long did the repairs take?

1) I asked them to rotate the tires -- They did not, and the tech when asked lied and said he did
2) I asked them to change the oil while in the shop, they tried to bill me for the oil change and filter and bill ford at the same time, they backed out the bill to me
3) The did not change the filter, I drove the truck home from the dealership and found mud on my filter, The 10 mile drive home was in dry conditions and all paved.
4) I found 2 missing bolts from my skid plates
5) When I took it back to the shop to call them on the carpet today, the found the other skid plate bolts cross threaded...

Sounds like some very poor customer service. Have you reached out to the General Manager with your concerns? If the RO states that they provided those services, it should be pretty obvious that they didn’t, especially the cross threaded bolts. Was this your first oil change? If so, the factory filter is white with “FoMoCo” or a small black square printed on it. If that filter is still on the truck, that proves that the filter was never changed, because those filters aren’t available to the dealer.

Here is my question, I cannot really tell if they went into my engine or not, and the noise is gone. I have ZERO hope that this lying idiot who cross threaded skid plate bolts actually did the repair right. So is there a way to go into this engine for the CAM noise and just over tighten something down to get it to become quiet only to blow up later?

Not possible. A damaged phaser can only be resolved through replacement of the phaser. Can you post the details of the repairs from the RO?

OP
OP
C

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will post up my RO tomorrow when I get back into the office...
I am about to discuss this with the GM tomorrow
1) The filter is white, but also I had one oil change done at a ford dealer in Idaho. This would be my second, I did not look close enough for the markings.
2) The filter is muddy from off road use, if they had changed the filter there would be no mud.

Yes I know it's not a recall, that was me being pissed off and not clearly typing, LOL

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am getting Cam Phasers (warranty) for my 2019, the noise comes and goes. They are on order and I am the Q with 4 others before me.

I would be very disappointed by what you found with the Oil filter alone and would want to talk to the GM and owner of the dealer. They have broken the trust we want to have with them after all they are the experts right?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Not possible. A damaged phaser can only be resolved through replacement of the phaser. Can you post the details of the repairs from the RO?

I just want to say, it’s pretty doggone nice of you to field questions like this and provide good data points and answer in the other threads. Thank you.

OP
OP
C

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no cam phaser recall. As far as a TSB for a cam phaser replacement, it only applies to 2017-2018 models. Do you have a copy of the repair order? How long did the repairs take?

Here is the copy of the R.O. https://prnt.sc/t0rlj9 https://prnt.sc/t0rm9m I took some screen shots the PDF was too large to upload

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another TY to FordTechOne for being so accessible and willing to help the community!

CR Gittere, I have become so un-trusting of ANY shop that I mark tires, filters, etc on the rare occasions I'll even use them anymore. Good luck getting it sorted out and dont stop at the GM if you don't get taken care of!

OP
OP
C

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My company is like the Mitchell or Alldata of the powersports industry, I do service department consulting and I meet with Powersports OEM's monthly.... I am going to see if they have a regional service manager for ford. At this point I am going to see if I can get Ford to deny the claim......