Ford Tech One to the courtesy phone please need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They agreed to do the job again based on the premise of him over torquing the skid plate bolts and going in there and checking things

or2baja

Reaction score
I know it's silly sounding but get to that oil filter and mark it. For 10 years on multiple cummins I would mark the mileage so I could look in their to remind me when I needed do swap oil again. I don't do the service on my super duty because I want the records to stay in ford's database for extended warranty purposes. Next time markup the oil filter with a heavy duty permanent marker so you can quickly identify if it had been done or not. I do the same for tire rotations.

OP
OP
C

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know how the meeting with the GM goes. You have a strong case against them with plenty of evidence of their poor workmanship and billing errors.

Ford Tech One what does the Service Manual call for as it relates to engine oil grade? 5W-30 Semi or Full Syn?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
similar thing happened to me at a Larry h Miller Dealership in Lakewood Colorado. Even got the GM involved and they all
Basically told me to eat their *****
i have had good luck with groove ford on arapahoe. when i lived in the springs, i would drive to groove for anything i couldnt do myself

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Tech One what does the Service Manual call for as it relates to engine oil grade? 5W-30 Semi or Full Syn?

You can use semi-synthetic (owners manual has conflicted on this is the past) but I always recommend full synthetic; high performance/turbocharged engines are hard on motor oil. And yes, the viscosity is 5W-30.

OP
OP
C

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can use semi-synthetic (owners manual has conflicted on this is the past) but I always recommend full synthetic; high performance/turbocharged engines are hard on motor oil. And yes, the viscosity is 5W-30.
Thanks man, my company is the AllData of the powersports industry we read manuals all day every day and we see this all the time. My concerns is the owners manual for the raptor includes a supplement and we rarely ever see the supplement wrong.... Usually the team that produces the supplement for a specialty vehicle is correct and sometimes does not report that back to the publications team... I see that at least 3-4 times per year..