Ford Raptor vs Dodge Ram Runner! - Head 2 Head Episode 14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if i could put 14 grand into mods for the raptor it would be a no brainer. these trucks are not on the same price level. and the raptor handled better.
i would definitely not pay more money for a truck that doesnt handle very well

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the RR will never be able to sell as many as the raptor and its just sad how overpriced it is, In Olathe Kansas we had a RR sitting on the lot for like 7 months and it was like 63k or so, then finally they dropped it to like 39k and now it finally gone, it was a base truck with cloth seats, basic deck, it was horrible, who would want to drop over 60 grand on something like that, now the one in the vid had a few more options but it was like 68k lol. but I guess the true "joy" of the RR is people can just add what they want to make it one, but what is retarded about that is then anyone can just do that to any truck so it is kinda redundant. but anyway thats just my .02

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol ecu was confused with so many gears shifts... Dodge, there is something called offroad mode though all rights reserved

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All this video did was confirm what we already know. The Raptor is king and these pieced together trucks from the other manufactures dont compare. Look at the price difference between the two. If you were to make then evenly priced with parts for the raptor, it would be an even bigger win. Raptor FTMFW!

Jordan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And to think, the guy I bought my MBRP exhaust off of actually traded his Raptor for a Dodge cuz he thought the build quality was better.

I just dont see it. I still tingle when I start the Raptor.

DeepSeaOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Ram 3500 dually prior to the Raptor and that thing was an awesome truck overall and would definitely buy another Dodge... BUT...but having seen this comparison I'm shocked to see that Dodge trannies still SUCK. My tranny acted just like the one in that video. It's almost like their tranny dept. has no freakin clue about the engine their tranny is getting bolted to....like the engine and tranny aren't on the same sheet of music. You actually had to "drive around" the problem...which you could, but the damn thing was always downshifting when you didn't want it to.