Ford Raptor vs Dodge Ram Runner! - Head 2 Head Episode 14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely a fairer comparison. The driver-friendly Raptor easily runs circles around the Ram Runner. I too truly wish it was set at mid-perch... hard to watch it on the whoops, but that was what I looked like banging around at TRR on low-perch (that is all being fixed now ;)

The Ram appears to be a one-dimensional, mostly out of control big whoop jumper with a lot of travel - that does great in a straight line. But what good is all that long travel if you can't keep it on the track... Sooner or later will hear a loud BOOM!!! when it goes off the rails. Seems somewhat predictable when bolting on a suspension kit to a regular ol' pickup truck.

The Raptor on the other hand was designed (by SVT no less) from the ground up as a Baja pre runner - including extra width & tight predictable steering/handling on and offroad. It is the real deal!

It is truly a joy to drive and I look forward to climbing up in that beast and letting it rip everyday! For those who take big whoops and punishing terrain - the Raptor is easily upgraded which I am doing now :BIG GRIN!:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344462443.426691.jpg

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
6.2 said:
lmao i love how everyones saying jill descent now.
win.

Hell I'm still planning on replacing my hill d button with one that says jill descent.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dodge will sell a bunch of these. I have to admit,I'd like my Raptor to look a bit more like a works truck and be a few hundred pounds lighter. But that said,I'd NEVER buy a dodge. Even if it was better across the board and cheaper. Now if it were better and cheaper and was a chevy..............:hitit:

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I would like them to mention is the fact that the Raptor meets all the DOT requirements. That is what kept the Raptor from being the ultimate truck SVT wanted it to be (and the fact the assembly line was to narrow). I do not think the RamRunner would pass as it sits in that video. Some local state inspections would reject that truck.