Ford Gen3 Raptor and it's future- R's in greater #'s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford is already buying credits today from what I can find, and these won’t make a dent for a while.

Can we all be honest and say we’ll miss the V8 when it’s gone? In any vehicle honestly. People hated the V8 in the M3 when it replaced the inline 6. Fast forward to today and everyone wants that V8.
Ok so they sell a lot of power strokes too! I think people will really miss a lot of the V8’s that were native to many cars from way back. Ford has done a good job in most cases with the ecoboost, but it has limitations too.

Eventually the V8 crowd will move on and the up comings won’t even barely realize what it was. Sadly but also good just as well. This new tech will make the V8 an antique. The smell the sound and all that. Yeah I lived it and certainly enjoyed it.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Uh hello??? McFly….knock knock. Ford won’t be shopping for or buying any credits. Have you not heard of the Lightning? The Mach-E? The Transport? I’m just saying.
Ok. Idgaf how they do it. I thought I made that clear in my post. Oh wait. I did. Learn to read.

“I guess my point was more that idc how an automaker delivers an amazing product, I just care that they do.”

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Ford is already buying credits today from what I can find, and these won’t make a dent for a while.

Can we all be honest and say we’ll miss the V8 when it’s gone? In any vehicle honestly. People hated the V8 in the M3 when it replaced the inline 6. Fast forward to today and everyone wants that V8.
The inline 6 in the e36 was spectacular. I had one and loved it to death.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I had a 2020 Raptor and put almost 14,000 miles on it before taking delivery of my 2021 TRX. I guess that makes me one of the folks that jumped ship. With that said, I can’t say anything bad about the Raptor, it just wasn’t the right truck for me. Both trucks honestly have their pro’s and con’s. They are as much the same as they are different. I respect Ford for giving us the Raptor, without that truck there would be no TRX.

I’m still very excited to see exactly what Ford does with the Raptor R. That could be one hell of a truck!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok. Idgaf how they do it. I thought I made that clear in my post. Oh wait. I did. Learn to read.

“I guess my point was more that idc how an automaker delivers an amazing product, I just care that they do.”
I bit on this little tidbit you dropped before.

“And if the big V8’s are dead by 2024, ford can buy some Tesla credits and deliver the truck all the speed freaks want. If they don’t it will be an immense disappointment”

It’s not a piece of subject matter that interests me as well. It’s more about if and when they do it. The business end of it is there problem.

Teghogh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same as well. Loved my gen2 raptor. Have a base trx on order for 6k off msrp which will hopefully be ready in a month. 67k purchase price at 73k msrp.
Had the 2020 pricing continued I would have gladly paid 54k for raptor and pocketed the difference. But there is no chance in hell that id pay 66k for the same drivetrain as gen2 over the trx, and have to deal with the inferior non led headlights on the 70k truck

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
I bit on this little tidbit you dropped before.

“And if the big V8’s are dead by 2024, ford can buy some Tesla credits and deliver the truck all the speed freaks want. If they don’t it will be an immense disappointment”

It’s not a piece of subject matter that interests me as well. It’s more about if and when they do it. The business end of it is there problem.
Like I said. Idc how they do it. Pay tesla, blow biden, murder baby seals, get after it ford

JJ-306

Reaction score
I still love a classic V8 supercharged Ford pick up truck. I drove a 2001 Ford F-150 Lightning for many years in West Texas. I think I will give my 2018 802a to my wife and buy the “R” when it becomes available. I appreciate the competition the TRX brings, but I’m sticking with Ford.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor R 5.2 V8 will most likely be the last hurrah from Ford. A Ford future collectible for sure as I think production will be very limited. The clock is ticking on V8 engines as every responsible business that reports to shareholders goes green.