Ford Gen3 Raptor and it's future- R's in greater #'s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wishing you luck, ordering at msrp is easy but buying one off the lot in this market at msrp will be tough, for a little while at least. All my opinion of course.
I'm sure wanting to order with my desired color and options anyway.
I'm not an instagram or youtube guy that needs the car on day 1 to make money or show off.. :)

poofyo101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wishing you luck, ordering at msrp is easy but buying one off the lot in this market at msrp will be tough, for a little while at least. All my opinion of course.
ordering any performance vehicle has not been that easy around me. had trouble trying to get a GT350R when those released

Sbardy

Reaction score
Raptor r will for sure be awesome. It’s just a waiting game. Too many unknowns especially in a time when you can’t buy a normal f150.

Last edited:

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
in terms of people switching from Raptor to TRX, I am apart of a relatively large off-road group in Michigan, and id say about 4-6 guys have already switched to TRXs as soon as they came out. as far as I know only 1-2 have gen3s on order. So the switches are happening.

I think one thing that people are not fully considering about ford and its Eco boost is emissions. FCA has to buy emissions credits from tesla in order to sell all these vehicles with these v8 engines. Ford is self sustaining and meets its emissions requirements on its own. Now as the future moves forward will FCA be able to put hellcat engines so many of its vehicles? Those I know inside FCA say they are shifting a lot of their vehicles to powerful hybrids, but im not sure exactly when. But it seems as long as FCA buys the credits elsewhere they will be able to keep operating as they do, unless emissions restrictions keep getting tighter and tighter. This also explains why ford may not make so many raptor Rs, there is a balance to be had and they have to stay within the requirements. i think its clear that the Eco boost is a better option then an NA v8. just look at the 6.2 they have and that GM has. I believe the ecoboost is better in every way except sound. I dont blame anyone for being disappointed in no boost of HP numbers for the 21 model year. Maybe this leaves room for a mid cycle refresh in a couple years? This truck is still the second most powerful gas powered truck on the market to my knowledge in a 1500 model. i look forward to some races between the gen2 and gen3 when comparing the powerbands.

I myself have a gen2 and cannot get myself to switch to a trx. I hope to hop in on a mid cycle gen3 or get lucky and possibly grab an R but who knows i know the regular model is more likely. either way the future is bright and these trucks are amazing and are a blast when used for what they are meant for.

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in terms of people switching from Raptor to TRX, I am apart of a relatively large off-road group in Michigan, and id say about 4-6 guys have already switched to TRXs as soon as they came out. as far as I know only 1-2 have gen3s on order. So the switches are happening.

I think one thing that people are not fully considering about ford and its Eco boost is emissions. FCA has to buy emissions credits from tesla in order to sell all these vehicles with these v8 engines. Ford is self sustaining and meets its emissions requirements on its own. Now as the future moves forward will FCA be able to put hellcat engines so many of its vehicles? Those I know inside FCA say they are shifting a lot of their vehicles to powerful hybrids, but im not sure exactly when. But it seems as long as FCA buys the credits elsewhere they will be able to keep operating as they do, unless emissions restrictions keep getting tighter and tighter. This also explains why ford may not make so many raptor Rs, there is a balance to be had and they have to stay within the requirements. i think its clear that the Eco boost is a better option then an NA v8. just look at the 6.2 they have and that GM has. I believe the ecoboost is better in every way except sound. I dont blame anyone for being disappointed in no boost of HP numbers for the 21 model year. Maybe this leaves room for a mid cycle refresh in a couple years? This truck is still the second most powerful gas powered truck on the market to my knowledge in a 1500 model. i look forward to some races between the gen2 and gen3 when comparing the powerbands.

I myself have a gen2 and cannot get myself to switch to a trx. I hope to hop in on a mid cycle gen3 or get lucky and possibly grab an R but who knows i know the regular model is more likely. either way the future is bright and these trucks are amazing and are a blast when used for what they are meant for.
So nice to hear an open mind instead of the instant TRX hate over here. I love my Raptor but it gets old hearing all the TRX bashing. Both are great trucks and both have a purpose for sure.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
I think one thing that people are not fully considering about ford and its Eco boost is emissions. FCA has to buy emissions credits from tesla in order to sell all these vehicles with these v8 engines. Ford is self sustaining and meets its emissions requirements on its own.
Who cares about how the automaker delivers a vehicle to meet emissions standards?

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who cares about how the automaker delivers a vehicle to meet emissions standards?
if i were a FCA fan id care bc id be worried about my v8s going bye bye, plus i think it helps explain why ford does what it does in terms of engine choices when people cry about why they dont have v8s, plus i think its just interesting in general how the industry works. plus its just in the general overall context of the v8 topic and ive never seen it get brought up. what more can i add?

Last edited:

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
if i were a FCA fan id care bc id be worried about my v8s going bye bye, plus i think it helps explain why ford does what it does in terms of engine choices when people cry about why they dont have v8s, plus i think its just interesting in general how the industry works. plus its just in the general overall context of the v8 topic and ive never seen it get brought up. what more can i add?
No question the big V8’s are done in a few years. I guess my point was more that idc how an automaker delivers an amazing product, I just care that they do.

And if the big V8’s are dead by 2024, ford can buy some Tesla credits and deliver the truck all the speed freaks want. If they don’t it will be an immense disappointment

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No question the big V8’s are done in a few years. I guess my point was more that idc how an automaker delivers an amazing product, I just care that they do.

And if the big V8’s are dead by 2024, ford can buy some Tesla credits and deliver the truck all the speed freaks want. If they don’t it will be an immense disappointment
Uh hello??? McFly….knock knock. Ford won’t be shopping for or buying any credits. Have you not heard of the Lightning? The Mach-E? The Transport? I’m just saying.

Dtsgli

Reaction score
Uh hello??? McFly….knock knock. Ford won’t be shopping for or buying any credits. Have you not heard of the Lightning? The Mach-E? The Transport? I’m just saying.
Ford is already buying credits today from what I can find, and these won’t make a dent for a while.

Can we all be honest and say we’ll miss the V8 when it’s gone? In any vehicle honestly. People hated the V8 in the M3 when it replaced the inline 6. Fast forward to today and everyone wants that V8.